View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Uh, I didn't say otherwise whatsoever. I said the first step to revitalization in Wilmington is the increased residential and retail/restaurants that is happening, that it's going to take a long time, and that tall buildings/skyscrapers will follow but aren't happening anytime soon. My point was that it's improving and that jonesrmj should be happy with the improvements the city is starting to see and not pine for commercial skyscrapers that can't be built there right now because they would sit empty.
Ok, did you not read the rest of what I said? Yes I've mentioned a billion times that I would love to see skyscraper development, and I truly do understand that skyscrapers can't just appear out of thin air, but I more importantly said that there are WAY TOO MANY APARTMENTS (not condos, apartments) that are being built. Once again, I've said for the billionth time, I am not saying don't build any apartments, but do CONDOS and more mixed use space. Why would they build more apartments when you can't even own the place? I'm sure not everyone who wants to live here is going to want to pay rent. Also, they should come up with better designs for the buildings (The only good looking apartment project here in my opinion is the Capano apartments on the riverfront) because most of them in my opinion look bad. I'll say this one more time, I'm okay with seeing low-rise apartments, but come up with better designs, and balance the apartments with condos, offices, mixed-use, etc and save some of the downtow lots for skyscrapers when they become reality.