View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2018, 12:12 PM
not a cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualize View Post
Jeezuz...expansion...Did they hear my criticism of it facing the wrong direction, destroying the most important pedestrian node in the city, and make riding bike on the greenbelt dangerous so they just decided to double down on it?

Enough...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ls_and_museums

Agreed. Onweiler is rolling over in his grave. It's like the exact opposite of Riverside Village. In fact, Riverside Village is more true to the original greenbelt concept than Monument Row (Shoreline to Broadway).

Doesn't city code spell out development setbacks on the greenbelt? It varies but, iirc, it's 70' in older areas and 200' feet in others, usually newer areas. I assert that the Anne Frank Memorial and the Firefighters Memorial are in violation of the greenbelt setback ordinance, or Boise River System Permit ordinance. Politics makes for strange bedfellows, we should get anti growther and anti tax waster BoiseGuardian to file a lawsuit to stop greenbelt setback encroachment. I don't mean setback from the 6500 cfs line of the greenbelt itself, although that's probably relevant, I mean the landward setback of structures from the greenbelt. I think that's 20'. Years ago the city took the Econo Lodge between Man & Fairview to court over their swimming pool's encroachment, and the city won that case. Look how much green space there is there.

11-05-06 covers some of this.

I've written about it before, everyone should read former Boise Parks Superintendent Gordon Bowen's book Boise's Parks: A Cause and a Trust especially the entire chapter devoted to encroachment.

Last edited by boisecynic; May 5, 2018 at 1:28 PM.