View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 7:08 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthd View Post
i wouldn't be surprised to see the second tower wait a bit for a few more infill projects to at least get started.
I took another look at the list: 45 Lansing, 375 Fremont, 340-350 Fremont and 201 Folsom were all supposed to be completed in 2009 which means getting started in 2007 I would think. I'm not sure if these are the "infill projects" you mean, but I'm wondering if there is any news on any of them. Anyone?

Also, having that second tower "wait a bit" means the folks in the first tower and midrise sections are essentially living in an incomplete building and having within their high-priced views a construction site. Living in an incomplete building has consequences. I think the amenities would all be complete in the midrise, but it does mean the developer would stay intimately involved with the project. And that means less chance for the owners to take over and begin to control their own fate. In other words, I think there are a number of reasons why having a delay on the second tower might greatly disturb buyers in the first tower. It would certainly bother me if I were one of them.