View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 6:08 AM

The expos weren't disolved, they were turned into the Washington Senators.

As far as NFL and MLB, there is no chance as long as there are two teams in each leage playing in the bay area. That's what makes the A's moving to Fremont so disheartening to me.

Sac's only chance at this point to improve it's big-time sports offering would be if one of it's college teams joined the WAC or similar conference. I understand that UCD's new football stadium is expandable to 30,000. In order to qualify for D1 college football, you have to play in a stadium that seats at least 30,000, I believe, and have a few years in a row of attendance exceeding something like 20,000. Of course, you also have to have a conference that invites you to join, unless you're Notre Dame

That being said, the Sacramento media market would be desirable to any conference wanting to add a team (since all the teams in the conference typically share a large portion of their media revenue) But you have to have a stadium first...

If UCD or Sac St. joined the WAC, I would buy 10 season tickets and have the best 4 saturday afternoons known to man every year. 1A college football is the best sport going in the US as far as party atmosphere. Nothing else even comes close in my mind. Man, what I would give to be 25 again...