View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babou95
Construction will begin on 03/15
Sorry bro, construction has obviously not begun. It won't before at least the end of the year.
For now, all we've seen is some sort of protection panels being set up on a Damier building for asbestos removal.
Let's remain patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1
These buildings are going to remind me of the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center a lot. Now all we need is Philippe Petit to do his tightrope act.
Thanks for telling about the Man on Wire, I had never heard of him. Terrific cool nuts.
You're not alone about this feeling, it will more or less be on everybody's mind of course, which is not necessarily a good thing for these buildings. I understand that you feel okay about it, which honors you as a New Yorker but for example, I saw a few French comments here and there talking about terrorist attacks, saying it's a bad idea. I rather fear that some traumatized folks might take these twins as an offense, which would be wrong but very easily forgivable.

Lots of twin things were built everywhere throughout the ages; locally only...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Les tours de Notre Dame, 1225-1250.

Les Mercuriales (Levant et Ponant), completed 1977.

Chassagne et Alicante, completed 1995.
Lots of others I forget. In fact, what will remind us all of NY's former WTC about those 2 is their tremendous impact in the skyline.