View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2013, 4:41 AM
Always A Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyi View Post
As I mentioned several times here already, I recieved a jury summons in May and was instructed to call starting on the last Wednesday in May, after 5PM, to see if and when I needed to appear. Well, the first time I called, the recording said they didn't need me and they instructed me to call the next Wed. They didn't need me then either (even though I had a hell of a time getting through) but they instructed me to call on Friday. Well, that threw me off since it wasn't Wednesday and I completely forgot. I suddenly remembered tonight and called the 800 number not expecting much since I was off the hook the last two times.....Of course my luck has to ALWAYS consistantly shitty because the recording told me I was supposed to report in to the court this morning. I called the district court but of course they were closed so I left my name, phone number and an explanation of my absence on their answering machine.
So, has this happened to any of you? What can I expect? Am I in trouble? Will they send a hitman after me? Am I going to prison? I'M TOO OLD TO BE SOME INMATES BOYTOY!!!!!!!!
Talk to a human in the clerk's office (a call should suffice). Other than that I can't really tell you anything because each state, court, and even judge may be different. Hell, I've gotten speeding tickets in Ohio and the first State Trooper was okay with me mailing the ticket in with payment and the next week I received a speeding ticket by another Trooper (I was going slower, but still speeding) and she required that I pay on the spot.