View Single Post
Old Posted May 9, 2017, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimondpark View Post
This^ offices, a hotel, conference center, museum, an educational facility. hell its big enough to be a tv/film studio, etc. ijs the transit component apart from buses is uncertain but the massive building is being built so...

The thought of a mall is highly improbable imo. 6x6 has yet to land a single tenant!
I've never understood why it had to be so big, even if trains were to come into it from the beginning.

6x6 may have landed a tenant or 2 by now and not yet announced it but they seem to have some very specific criteria for whom they want to lease to. Maybe too specific. But it's their business--the rest of us just have to wait.

I am more concerned about this:

Quote:
Exclusive: BART's ambitious retail vision crumbles
Apr 27, 2017, 2:28pm PDT Updated Apr 27, 2017, 2:50pm PDT
Katie Burke
Food/Hospitality/Retail Reporter, San Francisco Business Times

The hype around plans to bring new retail services to 43 BART stations reached a high with pronouncements that Dunkin' Donuts, Ghirardelli Chocolates and other big-name tenants were on their way to serve riders.

But BART's plans came to a screeching halt when the transit authority decided to back out of a lease agreement after its retail partner failed to meet several deadlines.

Several years ago , TransMart and BART struck an agreement to bring in a slew of high-quality tenants to stations across the Bay Area. By late 2015, TransMart — operating under the name Blinq — had launched pop-up retail spaces in the Embarcadero and Montgomery BART stations.

However, according to a memorandum acquired by the San Francisco Business Times, the deal between the developer and BART was left to expire late last year after TransMart didn't meet several of its contractual obligations . . . .
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...-stations.html

If they can't find retail tenants for BART stations, I have to wonder how they expect to find them for a fancy bus station even if it is in the densest part of downtown (see Embaracdero Center where there has been a rotation of tenants for the 3 decades I've been watching).