View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2012, 3:22 PM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ I hope.

I hope that an entire generation of fortresses along the Mag Mile get renovated. Neiman Marcus is up there among some of the worst, but I'm also thinking of Water Tower Place (unlikely to happen) and perhaps even North Bridge, although the Mag Mile side of the latter one isn't too bad. I would love to see more upgrades along the likes of TopShop, which really interacts with the street will and adds dynamism. The All Saints store is nice as well.

Neiman Marcus just looks so....1989. My wife loves shopping but we hardly ever go in there and a part of me thinks that this is because the exterior is so uninviting.
Agreed with all that other North Bridge. I actually think as far as indoor malls go it is one of the better ones going both inside and out and perhaps the nicest in the whole region. Now the Nordstroms annex I would love to take a wrecking ball and let it have at the monstrosity. So much could be done on that spot with a respectable or signature building and plaza.

The worst offenders to me on The Mile by far is the Lagrange Plaza Escada building. Its a complete embarrassment to the street and wins as worst offender on Michigan by a good margin. The Walgreens I think could do a lot a better with even some relatively minor tweaking and a new retailer. Also Grand east of Michigan needs to be decked over a half a block and the stores spruced up because right now that section looks like it leads to a slum alley.