View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 12:25 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
The room was indeed packed!

I think it's important to remember that these were concept plans, not proposals. That said, there was clearly a lot of creativity put into these designs. My personal favourite was the Architecture 2000 one. I like the look of the arena component the best of the proposals, and it includes a real transit focus. That plan is also the most ambitious in my opinion, but almost certainly the most expensive too.
So, you were there too Myles? That makes three of us. I wonder if anyone else from the forum was there?

If I was to choose, I think my favourite was the Architecture 2000 one as well. It had panache but was also practical at the same time. I found the transit hub idea intriguing

I don't know about anyone else, but I was struck by the similarities of a number of these proposals to ideas already discussed in this forum, especially things like the integrated transit hub and the extension of the project to the lands south of the CN mainline.

Edit - I just remembered that Vorkuta said he was going to be there too. That would mean four forum members were at the presentation.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Apr 13, 2012 at 2:25 AM.