View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 7:43 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

I'll take the elevations as very rough drafts. I'd like to see more detail, particularly the what materials they will be using. What I was most interested in was the site plan.

From the original aerial view, it looks like they cut down on the size of the northwestern parking garage to give more area to the central courtyard. That won't make much difference for fans as that area looks to be used mostly for logistics if I'm reading correctly.

It's also encouraging to continue to see the old Park Avenue Hotel (2643 Park/Harbor Light Center) rendered into everything, if even it's obvious in the renderings that they are still struggling with finding a use for it.

What are they closing off that one block of Henry for, though? Is it to give the apartment building, there, some breather during games? It appears that it's not permanently closed off, rather a controlled street in the site plan. I'm also a little confused about the Clifford and Cass intersection, particularly the entry/exit configuration of the southwest parking garage which is not labeled as clearly of that as the other garage. It almost appears you might be forced to access both garages from Sproat, one through the other, and Clifford acts as some kind of dead-end for the "townhomes"?