View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 11, 2012, 5:10 AM

BoCoCa

BoCoCa

BoCoCa…..itself, is not a neighborhood. In fact it is an umbrella term or acronym if you will for three neighborhoods in the borough of Brooklyn. Those three neighborhoods; Boerum Hill, Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens are best known for their endless brownstones, trendy restaurants, lounges and laid back atmosphere. Boerum Hill is currently undergoing a wave of “hipster” inflow, as well as artists and young urban professionals (otherwise known as yuppies). Many of the residents in this lively neighborhood are young families as the Brooklyn brownstone belt specifically in this region is terrific for raising children. They, like the daily visitors to the neighborhood enjoy a large stock of independent boutiques, art galleries and fantastic restaurants and locally owned markets.
Cobble Hill like it’s neighboring communities is largely residential, covered in brownstones and Italianate influenced architecture. The neighborhood is supported by family run businesses, Italian meat markets and trendy restaurants it’s streets, lively and most retaining their past aura and charms. Carroll Gardens the final neighborhood unlike it’s neighbors sports front gardens to their gorgeous endless brownstone blocks. The neighborhood hosting a large French population holds celebrations on Bastille Day every year. The residents of this mostly quiet, and very desirable community enjoy café’s and produce markets, family run shops, antique stores all on shady tree lined streets and avenues.
These were among the most enjoyable tours I’ve done in the region and if asked rank near the top of my favorites. There is a very good chance that I criss crossed through neighborhoods and shots of Carroll Gardens showcase Cobble Hill too, some Cobble Hill shots will showcase Boerum Hill and I hope you understand this is bound to happen. We will explore these three neighborhoods in three posts with 20 pictures per post. This will be the first, Boerum Hill

Boerum Hill