View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
Slightly off topic but if anyone wants to learn about the very best and very worst the sport of F1 has to offer you should check out the documentary entitled, "Senna." Its even great for people who aren't racing fans.
i mentioned it on here on one of the posts above. it's a great movie. and gives you a good idea at how many assholes there actually are in the F1 racing. and given the amount of rich european douchebags i've encountered here in SF, i will not be surprised one bit that austin will have its fair share of them. those europeans are nothing like the cool europeans that SXSW brings.

but Senna, the racer, is awesome because he was all about fighting those odds and put him against these money mongers as his antagonists. i found the movie particularly awesome for the fact that they used nothing but actual raw footage and made it work like a real movie. a character who has to face obstacles that leads up to a fateful climax. the movie was one of the best i'd seen all year last year.... so definitely anyone reading this should check it out, whether its relatable to this thread or not. it's a great movie.