View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesomesauce View Post
Anyone have any insight into what happening in the world of Canadian rugby? It seems they've almost completely fallen off the radar after years of being somewhat competitive.
Our governing body is incompentent dog poop. I've given up on them entirely. I'd rather Ontario Arrows get into MLR than have Canada make the world cup.

They raised every player's dues- at all ages- explicitly to pay for the mens national team to try to qualify- while the women's national team, is literally still pay to play. At least the women won bronze at 7s in the olympics.

Plus, at the local level they just plain suck at promoting the sport. I feel like aside from "insurace" (more to cover their ass than ours) we get nothing back from them.

Unfortunately, I like playing with my club more than I'm pissed at RC. So I paid their dues, but they've already lost more money than that from me and will continue to. I would have bought that new Canterbury jersey for sure, but now I'll just get another Ticats jersey. I'll hold out till I don't buy tickets for the next Toronto/Hamilton test match, and I've been to every one since 2009.