View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta_skyline View Post
That should of been The Bay Adelaide Center, not what we got. Would it have killed us to have one more Pomo tower? I say hell no! Not when we've got dozens of glass boxes with the same proportions going up. Of course it was economics that killed the original tower not the design or height.

This beast would of been 945ft/288m (including spire, the top of the roof looked to be in the upper 800's ref; http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=1494). Also with Bay Adelaide East coming in the near future that would of giving us basically the exact same glass box we got instead. (only 79ft shorter)

Observe;

Devolution is a more fitting description. I would of taken the 3rd version as well over what we got especially considering theres going to be at least one more building exactly like it. Not only are we building boring boxes like crazy in Toronto, every new complex has twins! As if one wasn't bad enough. RIP original Bay-Adelaide Centre and know that you are dearly missed.
nice stuff.... and yeah, proposal 3 wouldn't have been so bad, and 2 either (though the 2 design looks a bit more dated)... actually, the 3 design reminded me of aura for a split second... nonetheless, BA1 isn't all that horrible, but seeing 2 more of them will get old very fast. BA 1 fits perfectly on the skyline though both in height and design.