View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 7:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
Best supertall in China? I seriously doubt it.

The best, IMHO has to be Tianjin Sino-Steel; simply a mesmerizing design; although I would prefer it in a sea of scrapers in a setting like Shanghai, Hongkong, Dubai or NYC.

A close second has to be Pearl River, very eye-catching and innovative; yet at the same time fits the skyline very well, and very green.

SC and Suzhou Orient gateway are not far behind; Leatop, Jialing Fanying, Kingkey, Wuxi Suning are all high on the list as well.

On the other hand, Ping'an's design would have to be close to the bottom of the list. I'm actually hoping that this delay is a result of some redesign efforts that will bring new an more inspiring design to this site. Right now, it is some wierd blend of faux-art-deco with post-modern, trying too hard to reach back into the glory days of scrapers while forcing in some modern design elements. It looks like something from a bad 80's sci-fi movie, not much innovation or aesthetic balance at all.
This one gets me more excited then any other. Some of the new green buildings going up are close, but I really love the gold coloring and the way it connects with the second tower.