View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 11:45 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
Huskies need a new stadium badly. The CFL would need a stadium. More outdoor concerts could be held in a stadium. We've got to get the ball rolling on this before we let an opportunity pass us by.

There is an online petition that could use some more signatures as well.

http://www.petitiononline.com/hstadium/petition.html
I agree with q12, it is time to get the ball moving. I signed the petition. I wonder if the author of the petition is on this forum.

To bad there isn't enough space on the SMU campus for a large stadium. One negative against the SMU site is that it doesn't have highway access like the DND/Halifax Forum area or Dartmouth Crossings). Do you think that SMU might be interested in playing their games off-campus? If they would be willing to play their games at the new stadium they would be able to redevelop the current SMU field for academic purposes.

Another person to contact would be Peter Mackay the Minister of National Defence and Minister for the Atlantic Gateway (and a Nova Scotian). He was at the announcement of the CFL game in Moncton. It is interesting that the Federal government and New Brunswick government jointly contributed 1.5 million dollars for just one CFL game in Moncton. Also the federal government was to prepared to contribute 400 million to the Commonwealth games bid in HRM.

Great comments by beyeas also. Just look at the positive impact that the Metro Centre has had on the quality of life in the HRM.