View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 4:49 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepstar View Post
Tonight atmosphere at the Dome should be exciting. The Jets are in town for the first time since 1996, and with half the people in Calgary originally from the Peg I would bet that the dome will have the feeling of when the Leafs or Habs come to town.
It was pretty damned cool. I'd say 15-20% of the fans were in Jets jerseys/shirts. And with their, shall we say, higher level of enthusiasm - the noise was definitely louder when Winnipeg scored. It was much better than a Leaf/Habs game, and in some respects on par with an Oilers/Canucks game. Except the Jets fans were happy and friendly, not the obnoxious jackasses that attend Canucks games in the 'Dome. I think everyone had a good time at the game regardless of the outcome.

There were sooooo many Manitobans who made the trip out. I met people from at least half a dozen towns outside of Winnipeg. Plus, I think literally every single ex-Winnipegger I know was at the game. Some a couple of rows from us. I kept receiving texts all night from people I haven't seen in years. It was quite the reunion for a lot of people.

It would have been nice to see this go to a 3 point game, because both teams desperately need points to make the playoffs. Oh well.

1 more goal for 11 straight 30 goal seasons for Iginla. Yeah, we sure should have traded him.