View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 2, 2008, 2:37 PM
E pluribus unum

Brigham, do you have those Library Tower roof pictures up on a photo hosting site? That thread was a classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
LosAngelesBeauty, how did you get roof access to the Library Tower? We looked for an observation deck last week and no tall skyscraper had one. Is it a safety thing or what? Cause skyscrapers in Seattle are much closer to each other than in LA and we have a few observation decks here and there.
Depending on what time of day you go (myself, ChrisLA, DaveofCali and DonB went at 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon), the staff at the restaurant atop the Bonaventure Hotel will let you look around and take pictures.

As for 777, its classic Pelli: Simple and elegant (like others have said). My only complaint is that the building just "ends" without any ornamentation on top. I'm not saying it should have something as distinctive as a decorative crown like the Library Tower, but a little touch of detail wouldn't have hurt (then again, other Pelli towers from that time like BofA in Charlotte or the Key Tower in Cleveland have tops that are a little too flamboyant)