HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPDX View Post
Sorry I guess I meant "easy" walking distance. Higgins/Luc Luc are like 15 minute walks with kids in tow. I'm thinking true urban, as in, a handful of places within maybe 3-5 blocks. Walk out the door, and in eyesight I can see a couple of restaurants/bars serving a theater crowd.

I just did a google search centered on Keller, zoomed to 5-6 blocks in any direction, open on a Sunday at 5pm. Pretty sparse selection. Almost 40 square blocks.
Yeah that’s true I most restaurants are not super close to the Keller. There is also Murata, across the street from the auditorium, sushi place since the 80s.

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Given the incredible site in front of the Keller Fountain, I agree. If rumors of the James Beard Public Market moving into an existing building are correct, that might be a great use? By the time the new auditorium is built, the old one demolished, and a new structure built on the site the JBPM could potentially have been in operation for a decade and be ready to expand.
I agree. That would be a perfect location for a market district.

Last edited by maccoinnich; May 30, 2024 at 6:07 PM. Reason: correcting my own mistakes in the quoted tweet!

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 6:19 PM

I've just started listening to yesterday's hearing (posted below). From the introductions, it does sounds like City of Portland / Metro staff are very concerned about extended closures, which would seem to favor the PSU and Lloyd proposals.

Video Link

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
I've just started listening to yesterday's hearing (posted below). From the introductions, it does sounds like City of Portland / Metro staff are very concerned about extended closures, which would seem to favor the PSU and Lloyd proposals.

Video Link
Why can't you build a temporary theater for Broadway shows inside the Expo Center or Oregon Convention Center? It's nowhere near idea but it could be done. The Opera could share space at the Schnitz.

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 7:57 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownpdx View Post
Yeah that’s true I most restaurants are not super close to the Keller. There is also Murata, across the street from the auditorium, sushi place since the 80s.
Oh yeah, Murata is great, but not open on Sundays. Which is a big day for performances.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment