HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 27, 2009, 8:20 PM

Ideas on what should be done with HemisFair Park redevlopment? Rival the Riverwalk?

I would love to see some new talls, residential, retail, office, civic and tourist attractions make up the redevelopment. I hope something spectacular happens there, something to rival the Riverwalk. Something with a lil Time Square flare would be nice. Of course the Riverwalk will always reign supreme.

For you guys that love doing the new skyscraper ideals with graphics, it would be cool to see a Hemisfair Park model of what you would do with the park. I don't know how to do those graphics.

I picture four new high rises centered around the Tower, the Tower being the centerpiece. Something with a european feel, squares and plazas. Thats some prime downtown land and it needs to be put to optimum use.

http://www.urban-photos.com/view_ima...an_Antonio,_TX

2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio