HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 6, 2010, 6:10 PM
BANNED

Arizona Immigration Thread

KEEP IT CIVIL!

I'm creating this thread because we really don't have anyone from other states in here so I feel this is our playground to speak. If the mods don't see it fit then please lock the thread... I'm not trying to run the website, just provide more discussion. If someone starts bashing someone else or namecalling, I'll call for the thread to be closed. Please read my thoughts, and provide your own... lets get some good rational alternatives discussed here or some good support for the current law.

The way I see it, Arizona is and always has been run by retired conservatives, many of whom are borderline racist and intolerant. I just never realized it until now.

First and foremost, I could care less. If you want to run the Mexicans out, I don't care in theory. What I am concerned with is that you (jan brewer) have put our state in too much jeopardy to keep your constituents happy. Yes, we all know you want to win the election, but this is a pretty ballsy way to do it. Cities, organizations, and businesses across the country are now boycotting this state which is already beaten and battered by the economy. Look at any neighborhood and you'll see rows of foreclosed homes, vacancies, and out of work residents. Whether the bill is right or not (again I don't give a shit) it makes us look like retarded hicks to the rest of the country. THAT is what I have an issue with. We shouldn't be dumb enough to put ourselves in a position to be boycotted. Why would anyone do this!? Sure, the boycotts are misguided, because they only punish people who need their jobs, but people are going to do what they do so why put yourself out there for such backlash?

Mexicans spend money at Circle K, which means tax revenue.

Mexicans spend money on rent, which means tax revenue.

Mexicans have paychecks (the legal ones) which are taxed.

I know the owner of the Streets of NY Pizza on Bethany/43 and he has already lost three employees due to out of state moves. All three legal citizens. We lost all that tax revenue because people flat out don't want to be in this racist state. So say we lose a few thousand legal Mexicans, is it really worth it to try to scare out the illegal ones? Seems we have lost more money than we saved.

As far as the argument on crime goes, I'm not familiar with too many illegals who want to draw attention to themselves by committing crimes. Infact, I think they are some of the hardest working and quietest people around. The criminals are the people who are bringing them here, and if you shut down the human smuggling business, they will just have to find another illegal activity to partake in.

I don't think this "bill" solves anything, infact Jan Brewer said herself that the bill will not racially profile, and those who will be questioned for their papers are people who fail to pull over for a traffic stop or people who run from the police. I have news for you, those people are going to be arrested anyway. EJ Montini seems to believe that if you are arrested, your immigration status is checked anyway, so really, other than piss off the country, those who make you money, and those who spend money in your state, what does this thing do?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest