HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Politics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 15, 2010, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmk View Post
who do you think works and owns these businesses? it is ordinary people. walk up and down the street (hastings, the Drive etc) and check out all those little stores. those stores are owned and operated by individuals and families who have the guts to go and do it themselves.

and businesses pay corporate tax. a lot of it. and they pay your EI + CPP as well.
Funny I don't recall having ownership of any business. I must not be an ordinary person.

So how can the HST benefit me. When I have to pay extra taxes on items I didn't have to pay the PST on before.

I laugh every time I hear the bull crap line that businesses will pass on the savings onto customers. If anyone believes that then have I got a deal for you.

And yet I'm not 100% against the HST. I understand that it will make it easier for businesses to collect and submit taxes. Instead of having to deal with two governments businesses would only have to deal with one government. Businesses would save money by having to spend less labour on collecting and submitting.

What irks me is how the government tried to act like we were a bunch of kids who wouldn't understand what is going on. Instead of trying to sell the HST to us they just decided to shove it down our throats and tell us it is good for us now shut up.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Politics