HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 10:49 PM

Public private partnership

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
http://saportareport.com/blog/2013/1...e-partnership/

Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed says the planned transit system along the Atlanta BeltLine should be funded through a public private partnership.
Mayor Kasim Reed said the BeltLine's planned transit system will require a public private partnership. Here he rides a bike at the dedication of the BeltLine's East Side Trail. Credit: Christopher T. Martin

Mayor Kasim Reed said the construction of the BeltLine’s planned transit system will require a public private partnership. Here he rides a bike at the dedication of the BeltLine’s East Side

“We’re going to have to have a public private partnership,” Reed said. “We’re going to need to partner with an investor to put up $3 [billion] to $4 billion to put up the rail component. … I believe that is the right way to go because I’d like to ride the light rail while I’m alive.”

If the project moves forward, the price would dwarf the $840 million network of managed lanes the state Department of Transportation is building in Cobb and Cherokee counties alongside I-75 and I-575 through a public private partnership. This project is the largest project of its kind in Georgia history.

Reed said he recognizes that the BeltLine has touched the soul of Atlantans. Because of this attachment to the BeltLine’s promise, Reed said he intends to take a year to work toward public acceptance of bringing in private funding to develop support for a public private partnership.
Do what you gotta do and let's get this thing built!

Last edited by L.ARCH; Nov 24, 2013 at 4:25 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta