HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_account12 View Post
They dug out a decent section of the parking lot but all of the businesses are still open so I don't think its demo or foundation work. Also seems like too big a hole for soil samples/site prep so I'm not sure what is going on.

There was work on the same spot at some point in the last year where they dug up that section of the parking lot and then filled it back in when they were done so it may just be another phase of whatever they were doing then
So, I saw something in the Fishtown neighborhood FB group that brought me back to this exchange.

A few months ago, I noted construction equipment and a large hole by the 5th Street side of the strip mall, next to the Dollar General. According to a poster in the Fishtown FB group, this excavation is occurring due to the fact that an old burial site is beneath the existing strip mall. This is actually an archaeological dig!

Temple University '18 ']['

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive