HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 9, 2024, 3:56 PM

Bon ton too!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 6:38 PM

The Works is getting a cabaret

https://www.atlantamagazine.com/dini...ing-a-cabaret/
Quote:
Cabaret, lounge, restaurant. Damsel—the newest creation from restaurateur Dave Green (the Select in Sandy Springs)—promises to be unlike anything in Atlanta. At 10,000 square feet, this dual-level spot on the Westside will feature three distinct areas: a dining room with a stage for live entertainment (think cabaret), a private space for exclusive dining, and a rooftop lounge with display cooking. Bars abound, and late at night, the space will play host to dancing, a la Studio 54.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2024, 5:43 PM

That would be cute if they get Countess Luann to perform there

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 6:11 PM

Spiller Park coffee now open on hotel row in downtown

Image source: Matthew Todd

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 10:21 AM

QuikTrip to close Midtown store citing crime, less foot traffic

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ing-crime.html

Quote:
The 24-hour store at Peachtree and 6th streets will close May 3, according to a statement to Atlanta Business Chronicle. QuikTrip will offer workers jobs at other locations.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 1:04 PM

There's a constant flow of people going in and out of that store and I've never heard of any crime there. Not sure what they're on about. I guess it was probably just bad business decision to lease such an expensive spot only to sell food, but they're not going to say that out loud, so they went with the standard "COVID + crime" excuse

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
There's a constant flow of people going in and out of that store and I've never heard of any crime there. Not sure what they're on about. I guess it was probably just bad business decision to lease such an expensive spot only to sell food, but they're not going to say that out loud, so they went with the standard "COVID + crime" excuse
I live in Viewpoint and can observe what is happening at QT from my unit. There has been crime there (I have done some research), including assaults and shoplifting. There has been lots of discussion about this with Viewpoint residents and with various community organizations. I have shopped there over the past 8 years, but since COVID, I have been concerned about the increased number of loiterers and homeless folks hanging around.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 3:28 PM
i ain't no bubba

I've heard nothing but very positive comments about this closing from other neighbors. Although QT was handy to have nearby for a quick Modelo run, it was always dodgy being in and around that store.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2024, 12:31 AM

I went to that QT about two months back for a quick bite to eat around 5:00 in the afternoon. When i went it there, I thought the place had just been ransacked or something. Bags of chips and literal trash on the floor, 50% of the shelves empty and disheveled, and yellow tape over literally every single soda dispenser. It seriously looked like a scene from the walking dead.

I was really excited about this QT opening years ago when it was announced, because Atlanta needs more convenience type stores, but honestly, this city treats itself like trash. That's why i think there is so much gatekeeping by companies and neighborhoods.

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 1:52 PM

Trader Joe’s Confirmed for Chastain Market

https://whatnowatlanta.com/trader-jo...astain-market/
Quote:
The popular grocer has signed a lease at Chastain Market, according to leasing information reviewed by What Now Atlanta. The store will occupy 14,800 square feet at the shopping center. The space was formerly occupied by Sprouts Farmers Market.

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 3:45 PM

Good for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
So, two miles from the Buckhead store? Meanwhile the Midtown store is horribly overcrowded every moment it's open with apparently no plans to open another intown store to make the shopping experience at Midtown slightly less maddening.

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 4:14 PM

I wish they'd open one in the Midtown business district somewhere. Like such as that new building going on 6th and Peachtree, it has a pretty large retail space.

Old Posted May 3, 2024, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
I wish they'd open one in the Midtown business district somewhere. Like such as that new building going on 6th and Peachtree, it has a pretty large retail space.
I heard they were courting one for Tech Square phase III, but Tech was insistent on not putting much parking, and Trader Joes wouldn't lease without a certain number of free parking spots, so it fell through.

Personally I'd love to see an urban-format H-Mart in Midtown near Tech Square. It would absolutely print money.

Old Posted May 3, 2024, 1:22 PM

From Eater Atlanta, restaurant closings

Aziza, the Israeli restaurant by chef Tal Baum at West Side Provisions District, closed its doors after five years on April 6. The connecting lunch spot, Falafel Nation, has also closed.

Pijiu Belly Closes After 10 Years on April 7. This West Midtown staple was known for its whole Korean fried rotisserie chicken, ramen bowls, and bento box lunches.

Old Posted May 3, 2024, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
I heard they were courting one for Tech Square phase III, but Tech was insistent on not putting much parking, and Trader Joes wouldn't lease without a certain number of free parking spots, so it fell through.

Personally I'd love to see an urban-format H-Mart in Midtown near Tech Square. It would absolutely print money.
that would be so freaking awesome. i've been thankful we have the one (barely) ITP in doraville, but this would be a game changer.

Old Posted May 3, 2024, 3:27 PM

Quote:
From Eater Atlanta, restaurant closings

Aziza, the Israeli restaurant by chef Tal Baum at West Side Provisions District, closed its doors after five years on April 6. The connecting lunch spot, Falafel Nation, has also closed.

Pijiu Belly Closes After 10 Years on April 7. This West Midtown staple was known for its whole Korean fried rotisserie chicken, ramen bowls, and bento box lunches.
That makes me so sad! Falafel Nation was incredible. At least I still have Rina.

Old Posted May 3, 2024, 5:44 PM

Quote:
I went to one in Vancouver. It was really cool!

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 4:40 PM

Finalists detail vision for closely watched Grant Park Gateway space

One of three finalists vying to lease and remake Grant Park’s architecturally striking but long-vacant Gateway space has lifted the veil on their plans.

The concept, called “Gateway Park and Market,” calls for a micro food hall “foodie destination” and “cultural experience” that would lean heavily into public programming and capitalize on proximity to Zoo Atlanta next door.

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 8:36 PM

Quote:

There are a couple urban H-marts in NYC and LA. The first Super Hmart opened in Duluth around 20 years ago which really helped them expand nationwide after that. Hopefully the owner opens one up in midtown.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
I think you are ignorant of how gas stations operate. No gas station really makes much of any money on selling gas. They make like 1cent above the price they are charging customers. Soda is in fact their #1 margin item even with the cheap prices they charge for it at gas stations.

Lots of place focus efforts to find ways to entice customers into the store every time they fuel up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta