HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 1:10 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Mattress Brown

Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
I have no idea why Mattress Brown changed his mind on rapid transit. From my memory he was supportive of LRT but after he had the affair he changed to BRT.
I think when reality set in about how expensive that tunnel was going to be under Richmond, he changed his mind. I can only imagine now how expensive that tunnel would be given how overbudget the rest of it has gone.

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 12:55 PM
User Registered

I wonder what the cost/challenges would be to deviate the BRT from Richmond to Talbot and widen/deepen the famous Talbot Street Underpass- it would then use Oxford to Wharncliffe towards Western and Masonville.

Heck you could even omit a rail crossing if you had the BRT connect between Oxford's Thames River bridge and CP underpass where The Belfort Night Club is. That might require some expropriation, but likely cheaper. It's tight, but doable for a BRT-Only Road. Heck, that also bypasses the mixed traffic on Wharncliffe route so you could get the west line going on Oxford to Wonderland.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 8:23 PM
bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
I wonder what the cost/challenges would be to deviate the BRT from Richmond to Talbot and widen/deepen the famous Talbot Street Underpass- it would then use Oxford to Wharncliffe towards Western and Masonville.

Heck you could even omit a rail crossing if you had the BRT connect between Oxford's Thames River bridge and CP underpass where The Belfort Night Club is. That might require some expropriation, but likely cheaper. It's tight, but doable for a BRT-Only Road. Heck, that also bypasses the mixed traffic on Wharncliffe route so you could get the west line going on Oxford to Wonderland.
I've heard the Talbot underpass would be difficult to retrofit because of the sewers under the road. Apparently clearance can't really be gained there without substantial sewer work (or raising the rail line which is a mega task). I'd imagine they would need to incorporate some kind of pumping station since gravity would no longer be able to keep sewage flowing if the road was lowered.

Deviating through the nightclub property is an interesting idea though!

Old Posted May 3, 2024, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post

Could even have Talbot cut through the north parking lots of the Night Club and neighbouring buildings. Not sure how close it could run alongside the track, it would be tight.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure