HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
So the entire tower is going to be cheapo precast concrete and brick panels?!?

Edit:
Rimap scares me now. The first two towers (Moxy Marriot/AC Marriot) are pale reflections of their renders. This does not bode well for the new tallest tower in downtown, the Marriott Renaissance. We've all been hoping it will match up to Releve, but I have serious doubts.

Strange, because they build some really high quality hotels in Montreal.
100%. I am terrified that they will screw it up. A blight on the skyline for decades to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxTown View Post
Can't they just copy-paste the Releve ones? Literally install the same materials and even use the same guys to install them!
But that would cost money. They can for sure cheap out on the glass and balcony railings. They can also find a cheap replacement for the white panels. The rounded corners (that are not actually round but still look so) could be value engineered by putting fewer panels around that corner, creating a 8-bit look.

What I'm sayin is, don't worry, they can find a way to screw up M+M's design if they want.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 12:50 AM

Taken May 16, 2024,
They've started installing the grey precast panel. Looks promising, I like it

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 1:22 PM

This one will be very interesting. Still not sure which way it will go, herrendous or tolerable. At least it will be different from anything else in the Market.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
This one will be very interesting. Still not sure which way it will go, herrendous or tolerable. At least it will be different from anything else in the Market.
Had the same thought. I wonder if having a high end rental will see police actually police the area. It's easier to ignore a bunch of condo owners who chose to live there than a company that could struggle to fill the place without some changes.

Old Posted May 18, 2024, 12:06 AM
Cigritbutt enthusiast

The new panels look pretty smart compared to the ones installed previously. The amount of perforations to ventilation seems to stand out amongst the already mediocre panels. It's getting better at least. The shift to glass on the upper end should be pretty non offensive as well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa