HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 11:21 PM
Hankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAretheGovt View Post
Hankster, where did you hear this from? Aren't there ordinance and skyplane issues with a 28-story building over there?
This has been discussed in great detail on the Urban Planet forum. From all I can tell, this is a likely development. The developers are rumored to already have a anchor tenant lined up for an 11 story adjacent office building. The word is the developers don't plan to annouce anything official until this is a done deal. We're anxiously waiting for an announcement.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 11:33 PM
Squint Like Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
Man, what a great looking building. I know we've overkilled this but it deserves to be 650' tall to help balance Signature Tower.
That is a very nice design indeed. I also agree with you that it would even look better as a much taller buidling.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
This has been discussed in great detail on the Urban Planet forum. From all I can tell, this is a likely development. The developers are rumored to already have a anchor tenant lined up for an 11 story adjacent office building. The word is the developers don't plan to annouce anything official until this is a done deal. We're anxiously waiting for an announcement.
And to answer the other half of govt's post is that no, it does not interfere with BNA or Tune's airspace. The metro planning commission has a height limit of SoBro <i>technically</i> of 285' but the supposed anchor of the Crown is pushing to stretch that out. Hence why the Encore tops at 280'.

-Steve Wright

Old Posted May 17, 2007, 5:30 PM

The main post has been updated with some new photos and latest developments.

Last edited by Dr Nevergold; May 17, 2007 at 5:50 PM.

Old Posted May 18, 2007, 1:22 AM

If anyone gets a rendering of The SoBro that is updated, please send along. I hear the design has changed away from a tropical beach look (and thankfully so).

Old Posted May 18, 2007, 2:11 PM
Go Pens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
Man, what a great looking building. I know we've overkilled this but it deserves to be 650' tall to help balance Signature Tower.
Thank you!

Indeed it does, it would look (more) amazing if it were 650-750'

Very reminiscent of (I think I said this earlier) 30 Hudson in Jersey & 2 IFC HK.

It's got mass, but it's still sleek.

Old Posted May 27, 2007, 2:53 AM

There is a 600-700ft range hotel that is under works to be announced early this summer. I wished someone had a rendering, more information, or a news article to outline the project.

Anyone have more info??

Old Posted Jul 19, 2007, 8:01 PM

does anyone have any info on west end summit, i know they have excavated the site, has actual construction started?

Old Posted Aug 5, 2007, 4:52 PM
Hankster

I just got back from a trip to Nashville and took a bunch of construction pics. Man, there's a ton of construction going on. I hope you like them.

This first pic was actually taken 4 week ago. The Sun Trust Bank downtown

The newly completed Ghost Ballet art near LP Field

The Pinnacle construction in front and The Encore condos in background followed by a rendering of the Pinnacle when finished. 29 stories and 435 Ft. I can't wait for this one.

The Gulch looks like a "sea of cranes". I was amazed at all the cranes, and it won't be long until we see more in the area.

Griffin Plaza in the Gulch looking towards the Icon. This one will be breaking ground real soon.

The 22 Story Icon Condos. Work has begun on the tower section and this one should start rising fast!

The 14 story Terrazzo Condos in the Gulch. Very nice progress!

The 14 story Rhythm Condos on Music Row. I believe there was a ceremonial ground breaking where the dirt is. This one is listed as U/C on Emporis and shortly there will be lots of activity here.

The West End Summit excavation and a rendering of this project when completed. This is one huge project!

The 18 Story Adelicia Condos nearing completion

Construction on the Vandy campus. There always seems to highrises going up there.

The 11 Story West End Condos

And finally, out in suburbia, the Nissan headquarters....home to 1,300 very high paid jobs.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 5:20 AM
Future God

Thanks again for posting these great photos Hankster. I really like Suntrust. It's such a clean looking structure.

It is so exciting to see all of these new places being created all over the city. There are so many new and unique views and environments and scenes worthy of being photographed being formed that it is hard to keep up!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 8:40 AM
oreo

heres a night photo from my road trip across the country...i think encore is in it

taken july 29

Old Posted Aug 16, 2007, 3:38 PM

Just moved to Nashville and wanted to share some photos of my new city. Enjoy!

More of my photos can be found at my Flickr page @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/crashmattb/

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 7:39 PM

Crash, very nice eye! Welcome to Nashville.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 11:38 PM
BANNED

The Nashville skyline is growing at such a fast pace that many photo's are becoming outdated as soon as they are published.

I was driving into the city from the Hermitage area today and the skyline looked huge considering that the viewpoint took in Vanderbilt, Midtown and the Gulch along with downtown.

When the Pinnacle, the Westin and West End Summit are thrown in, we will look like a major tier one city! Since we have I-24, I-65, and I-40 as vantage points, visitors to our city will be shocked that we only have a 1.6 million 13 county MSA.

I wrote to Bill Cobbs at Urban-photos.com too let him know he will have some updating in a year or so to do.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2007, 2:45 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

That's amazing. Some really great projects goin on there... Your skyline is transforming quickly.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2007, 8:44 PM

Anyone know why there are no threads for West End Summit and The Pinnacle (formerly the Crown) in the high-rise construction section? Has no one made the effort to begin them or is there some other reason they haven't been placed there? I'd be happy to start them up if no one else wants to take the initiative.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 2:27 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Anyone know why there are no threads for West End Summit and The Pinnacle (formerly the Crown) in the high-rise construction section? Has no one made the effort to begin them or is there some other reason they haven't been placed there? I'd be happy to start them up if no one else wants to take the initiative.
I don't know if I would start a West End Summitt thread just yet. Not everybody on related forums is confident this thing will actually rise out of the hole they are digging. And I must admit, I've been drinking a little bit of that kool-aide myself. I hope it does get built, however. It will form a magnificent gateway to Nashville's mid-town which has several other develoments in the pipeline, including two possible 17 story condos and a recently announced 18 story condo at 17th and Broad, all within two blocks of WES.

But a Pinnacle thread would attract interest from the world-wide forumers on this forum due to the exceptional architecture and location. The question on everyones mind is how is it going to fit in context to the Lower Broadway Historical/Entertainment District, the Schemerhorne Symphony Hall and the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge?

As I work downtown, I can take some photos of the progress and bump it back up to the top of the list occasionally.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 9:52 PM

^ I think I'll wait a bit longer with WES but I'll go ahead with the Pinnacle thread as we're all confident in that one going forward pretty quickly. I'll try to get out to the site soon to take some pics but please take some whenever you have a chance if you work downtown. That would be much appreciated.

Meanwhile, here's some photos of other projects around town courtesy of Bzorch, the administrator of Nashville Charrette. That site is a great resource for what's going on in Nashville development. I thought I'd share these here so that others unfamiliar with that site could see them. Enjoy!

Completed Suntrust Plaza

More Suntrust

Encore topped out and rising above SoBro. I can't wait to see the Pinnacle next to it!

More Encore

Projects in the Gulch rising from SoBro. I noticed just yesterday on the 265 loop but ICON is going to be incredible so close to the highway and make a serious impact in the skyline.

Infill near Rolling Mill Hill site

Down West End to the new West End condo tower.

The West End condo tower topped out.

Another tower on the Vanderbilt Campus

The Glen site

Adelicia topped out

West End Summit's growing hole.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 4:08 PM

Construction bids have been requested for West End Summit's hotel/condo tower. The hole is now HUGE! Construction expected to commence in the fourth quarter of this year. Looks like Alex Palmer is inching closer to proving some folks wrong.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 7:57 PM

Financing for West End Summit is finished and the tower will likely begin rising in November per the City Paper. Anyone know the height of each tower?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations