Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ
^To put what Someone123 is trying to say in words ...
Yes, Hammonds Plains is experiencing growth. It was the fastest growing district in HRM during the last census.
The growth in Hammonds Plains is very typical for HRM. Growth is unplanned and is left to the devices of developers. The Hammonds Plains road is a disaster. It is a narrow country road. The vertical profile has not been modified to handle high traffic volumes and because haphazard growth has been permitted for 25 years it will cost 5 fold to address 25% of the issue. The remaining 75% will remain chocked. One would think that the corridors of the #103 to exit 5, the #118/102 to the airport and the #101 to Windsor would be strongly promoted for residential and commercial development. On each of these major arteries there is barely a structure.