HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 6:27 PM

UTA released some virtual tours of their upcoming North Temple and Airport (the interim one until the new airport terminal is built) stations

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 6:59 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Very cool skyguy414.

You know what would really make these videos even better? Some cello music sound tracks .

I think it's better to have the TRAX trains on the side of the viaduct instead of the middle, however, I would be totally bummed out if they are scaling back the pedestrian path and bike lanes that were planned (as this simulation seems to be suggesting).

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post

Very cool skyguy414.

You know what would really make these videos even better? Some cello music sound tracks .

I think it's better to have the TRAX trains on the side of the viaduct instead of the middle, however, I would be totally bummed out if they are scaling back the pedestrian path and bike lanes that were planned (as this simulation seems to be suggesting).
I think that we can all play it in our heads by now.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 7:18 PM

Cool stuff. Though, it looks like it would be a long walk from the train to Terminal 2-all Delta stuff. How have they detmermined how to catch a train from the Sandy or University Line to the Airport Line? Do u have to go to the intermodal hub?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 7:46 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Cool stuff. Though, it looks like it would be a long walk from the train to Terminal 2-all Delta stuff. How have they detmermined how to catch a train from the Sandy or University Line to the Airport Line? Do u have to go to the intermodal hub?
"The future remains unclear. Ask again later."
Magic 8 Ball

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 9:28 PM

I don't believe that the Airport trains are going to go to the Intermodal Hub. You will need to transfer at the Arena Station.

Thanks for adding the videos. They were done pretty well. I liked the North Temple FrontRunner stop. I thought the roof design over the escalators looks great.

Last edited by UTPlanner; Nov 3, 2010 at 9:39 PM.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
I don't believe that the Airport trains are going to go to the Intermodal Hub. You will need to transfer at the Arena Station.

Thanks for adding the videos. They were done pretty well. I liked the North Temple FrontRunner stop. I thought the roof design over the escalators looks great.
Right, they won't go to the hub, which is the entire reason for the North Temple Frontrunner stop, so folks can transfer there from FR to Airport TRAX.

That makes me wonder about people from Provo connecting to the Airport TRAX. There have been questions on here in the past about whether Frontrunner South will be a separate system that ends at the Intermodal Hub or will trains go the entire length from Provo in the south to Pleasant View in the north? The location of the Airport TRAX connector stop seems like the train would have to be one big system rather than separate North-South systems. Otherwise, people from Provo who want to take TRAX to the airport will have to make several inconvenient transfers.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSaltlake View Post
Speaking of Lights...I wanted to know where I could get more info on that bridge project across Utah lake? Okay so it has nothing to do with the lights...hahaha...Anyways...I am all for it that bridge and the growth it would bring!!!!!! How cool would it be to be driving across the lake at night and all around it nothing but CITY!!!!! I know what your all thinking Its just funny to think of all the thoughts that I know some forumers had at that moment of reading my approval. This is what alot of coffee and replacement of your friends with text books does... But to the point. Any development on that?

Seriously, I can't wait to be wakeboarding early on a July morning and take a deep breath and enjoy the scenery as I ride under a beauty like this.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 10:48 PM

To be fair, it would look more like this:

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 11:42 PM

Except it would be murky green/brown water.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 2:03 AM

Yeah, I was hoping someone would use their Photoshop skills and give that picture some water; thanks ark. Honestly, a terrible idea to build this bridge. I am confident wisdom will reign and this will die a quiet death.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 2:09 AM

MS Paint, Baby!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 5:48 AM

Too funny. I was just playing. I use to like being able to take redwood all the way down to where its just a mountain, the lake, and a winding road. but its all suburbs now. Its really going to suck 20yrs down the road.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 5:54 AM

I really like what salt lake is doing with its infrastructure. I love this metro of ours.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 11:01 PM
Lurker

UTA is seeking public input on their website. There's a survey and feedback form online. They would like to know what the service should be like when the two new lines open up next year.

I suggested they continue the University line all the way to the inter-modal hub downtown because I know two people who commute to the U via FrontRunner and TRAX.

Here's the link: http://www.rideuta.com/mediaRoom/pre...ReleaseID=1130

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 11:06 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCdude View Post
UTA is seeking public input on their website. There's a survey and feedback form online. They would like to know what the service should be like when the two new lines open up next year.

I suggested they continue the University line all the way to the inter-modal hub downtown because I know two people who commute to the U via FrontRunner and TRAX.

Here's the link: http://www.rideuta.com/mediaRoom/pre...ReleaseID=1130
Thanks for that suggestion to save the current University line SLCdude; I owe you one.

I filled out the survey and used the feedback to give a detailed argument to demonstrate why my friends and I would be forced to use the bus with a route change for the University Line ; I figured they wouldn't like hearing that very much (especially based on the direction they were hinting at in the survey).

Last edited by s.p.hansen; Nov 9, 2010 at 12:09 AM.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2010, 9:30 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

TRAX Airport Line / North Temple Street Viaduct Update.

Video Link

A lot of energy in the Viaduct project is currently being expended on finishing a new underground City Creek (the real one) conduit.

My previous picture:

The picture I took today:

In this new picture City Creek is now running so dry (as is common and natural in the later fall / winter months) that they are able to divert the water through some flexible, smaller, black, temporary pipes.

The actual viaduct structure is progressing quickly.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2010, 10:11 PM
Lurker

I had no Idea they were that far in the construction progress. Is it still supposed to be finished 18 months after the old one was demolished? Also, It looks a little low to me.

Does the City Creek flow into the Jordan River? It seems like a waste of a creek to bury it underground.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2010, 10:30 PM

I think that the old one was just unnecessarily high.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2010, 10:48 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Double Post.

Last edited by s.p.hansen; Nov 12, 2010 at 12:35 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West