To the original OP question...
If you're counting past lives, yes I have.
Around 1,000 A.D. I (my soul) had the body of a plains Zebra
in what is now mainland Tanzania, Africa
. That was my last animal incarnation before becoming human around 1200 A.D.
I have so many similar likes/dislikes compared with the Zebra:
* Don't like colder than +12/13 Celcius
* Like some equine like food - oatmeal (hot cereal), barley (mmmm Ovaltine), carrots, apples (sliced), watermelon (without the seeds)
* Is a leader
* Likes striped patterns in clothing and elsewhere
* Likes lower (dry) humidity
* Likes to graze - eat smaller meals throughout the day