HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Seven World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram
New York Projects & Construction Forum

View Full Map

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 3:41 PM

Which the offical height of this tower? Is it 741 feet, or 751 feet, I even heard some say it 750 feet.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2011, 6:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfannumber1 View Post
Am i the only one who thinks the older 7 world trade looked better? =(
Yes, the old one was dated almost as soon as it was built.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2011, 5:38 AM

Thumbs up

This is what understated elegance in our skyscraper age looks like.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2011, 8:47 AM

old one was beyond ugly. this is much prettier.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 9:53 PM

2 New Tenants Bring 7 WTC to Full

A British technology firm opening its first permanent U.S. office and a nonprofit centered on improving children’s lives signed deals for a total of 12,400 square feet at 7 World Trade Center, scooping up the last available smaller spaces at the tower. Those two leases come after the signing of a lease for 125,000 square feet last year at the 52-story, 6-year-old tower claimed the last of sizeable acreage in the building, which is owned by Silverstein Properties.

The two newest tenants have several things in common. Both will move onto the 46th floor in the summer, and the asking rent on each deal was $70 a square foot. One of the differences between them is that one wanted to be downtown while the other did not.

Telemetry, a London-based firm that measures the effectiveness of digital ads, signed seven-year lease for 5,400 square feet, or 13% of the floor. Originally, Telemetry wanted to locate in midtown south, near many other tech firms, but it also wanted to occupy recently built space, according to the company’s broker, Sam Seiler of CBRE Group Inc. An extensive search turned up nothing that fit the bill. However, when Telemetry executives visited 7 World Trade and saw the design and the views, they were hooked.

“It is their first permanent office in the U.S., so they wanted something that made a statement,” Mr. Seiler said. “They wanted something splashy.”

In contrast, Casey Family Services, which provides family advocacy, adoption and foster care services, wanted to stay downtown. With its lease at One Liberty Plaza nearly up and no additional room available there, the agency inked a six-year deal for 7,000 square feet. It, too, was drawn to the views, as well as the building’s LEED status, said its broker Bill Iacovelli, also of CBRE.

Silverstein Properties was represented by CBRE brokers Brad Gerla and Christie Harle.

http://www.wtc.com/news/2-new-tenant...-7-wtc-to-full

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 10:07 PM
World Machine

Those striking features mentioned in that article will continue to lure prospective tenants to the site. Glad the building has finally reached capacity; to me that's a sign of good things to come.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 10:49 PM
A Realist

The new WTC might finally be the World Trade Center. The original was built for that purpose also, but it seemed that more U.S. based companies occupied it than those overseas. I think the largest tenants will have to be foreign-based to help NYC become more of a global city than it already is.

Never stop. Never stop.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd3189 View Post
The new WTC might finally be the World Trade Center. The original was built for that purpose also, but it seemed that more U.S. based companies occupied it than those overseas. I think the largest tenants will have to be foreign-based to help NYC become more of a global city than it already is.
What are you talking about? The old World Trade Center had tenants from the rest of the world too. Including Fuji Bank, Taipei Bank, Global Crossing Holdings, and Baltic Oil Corporation to name a few. This was the exact reason why the original World Trade Center was destroyed, because it was an area for world trade, and it was till it was destroyed. The new one will have the same job. That is why the World Trade Center needs to be protected.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 10:51 PM
A Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
What are you talking about? The old World Trade Center had tenants from the rest of the world too. Including Fuji Bank, Taipei Bank, Global Crossing Holdings, and Baltic Oil Corporation to name a few. This was the exact reason why the original World Trade Center was destroyed, because it was an area for world trade, and it was till it was destroyed. The new one will have the same job. That is why the World Trade Center needs to be protected.
Watch Modern Marvels. The Original WTC had more US-based businesses than foreign ones. This was a main reason it were attacked. It represented American commerce more than world commerce. Just take a look at which kind of firms were the largest tenants of each building starting with the former WTC 7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_Trade_Center

Here are a list of tenants for the Twins

I agree with you about the firms you listed, but they weren't anywhere near as numerous as those that were American.

Never stop. Never stop.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 9:04 PM

I'm just Curious, but I've been noticing in a few pictures that people have been up in the upper floors in the building is there a public viewing deck in 7 WTC?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTCman7301 View Post
I'm just Curious, but I've been noticing in a few pictures that people have been up in the upper floors in the building is there a public viewing deck in 7 WTC?
No but there are events held on the upper floors from time to time and there is a church open to the public located on one of the uppermost floors.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 58 Completed 11 Under Construction 23 Proposed 1 On Hold

Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 4:17 AM
Come As You Are

I absolutely loved the old building, but this building is a complete stunner that amazed me when I visited the WFC in mid 2010. Even though this is puny compared to the other WTC buildings, it looked absolutely massive from below.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 9:51 PM
Gotham City

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture