HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 12:38 PM
mummy

Holy shoot, we all may be sort of used to those threads of yours, this one leaves me quite speechless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okayyou
Much of the city felt pretty quiet, I'm not sure if this was due to the time of year or maybe the economy, but it definitely wasn't bustling.
It depends on the time when you were there. The Spanish economy was getting bigger and bigger until 2008 when the financial crisis spread to the overall economy. As you probably know, now southern Eurozone (Greece in particular but also Portugal, Spain and even Italy and France to a lesser extent) is stuck in the sovereign debt crisis, somewhat paying for their lack of rigor and seriousness in managing their government budgets. We're also paying for the Greek disaster since our banks were very involved in funding the Greek policies. That's how the Germans are kinda taking over right now, bringing their famous discipline to us all Latins and Greeks. It's okay, that fucking crisis won't last forever anyway, right?
I'd just like some clean, stylish and environmentally friendly urban fabric, both respectful of the past and yet innovative, and some happy confident people to live it. That's what I want. So make it happen wherever you are.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 7:56 PM

Omaharocks - I think some parts of the state have had a mild winter, here in Boulder we've gotten several substantial storms and cold spells. Unless southern Spain is frozen solid I think we've got them beat.

Thanks Danny, I missed Quatro Torres, is that similar to Le Defense in Paris?

gio - no Barcelona unfortunately. Depending on my plans this summer I might try to head over there. It's one city I've always wanted to visit.

Illith Dude - That's one of my favorite shots from Spain. I stood in that spot for what felt like forever waiting for tourists to clear out the the way. I remember one guy aimlessly walking to the edge of the frame, stopping and loitering in the shot. I understand it's difficult to know when you are in someone's shot but I got the feeling this guy was purposely trying to ruin mine. Eventually he left and I had brief window to snap that picture before more people walked into frame.

mousquet - I was there in 2010 so the financial crisis was well into its second year. I've been following the Euro crisis now for several years, it just seems to drag on. When I was in Europe last summer the Greeks were on strike and I met many people that were having issues getting into the country. I would feel safe to wager they will be striking again this summer. Eventually something's gotta give.

Again, thanks to all.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 5:00 AM

Stunning pictures! I'm glad I saw these!

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 6:09 PM
I've got a bad reputation

Spain rules

Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 7:14 PM

Very nice, if you hit a wall it doesn't show! I love Spain.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos