HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
There are plenty of options within a block of CCC. Cafe Molise, Naked Fish, Ahh Sushi, Martin', Lambs, Michealengalos, Bay Leaf. I haven't been to Molise (not sure why) but I recommend all the others.
FWIW, Cafe Molise is very good. I do like that there are so many non-chains that have popped up on the borders of CCC over the last decade or so...some great dining options downtown now that didn't exist when I worked down there.

We *do* need some more restaurants within CCC though.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 3:45 PM

Fine and costly apparel
The Salt Lake Tribune

Quote:
I love City Creek Center, Utah’s fashion HQ. I like that Nordstrom and Macy’s carry high-end brands unavailable elsewhere.

Yet, due to Pat Bagley’s March 22 cartoon contrasting the LDS Church’s mall and Temple Square, as I walked through on opening day I pondered the Book of Mormon’s warnings about exquisite clothes. The scriptures’ ideal is a classless, equalitarian society, and it damns things that divide us:

• The evil antichrist Nehor "began to be lifted up in the pride of his heart, and to wear very costly apparel, yea, and even began to establish a church after the manner of his preaching" (Alma 1:6).

• "The people began to be distinguished by ranks, according to their riches and their chances for learning" (3 Nephi 6:12).

• Moroni warned our day: "For behold, ye do love money … and your fine apparel … more than ye love the poor and the needy, the sick and the afflicted" (Mormon 8:36–37).

• "And thus there became a great inequality ... insomuch that the church began to be broken up" (3 Nephi 6:14).

Heathen that I am, I worship at City Creek Center, which undermines the mission of its owner.

Jeff Palmer

Park City
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion...enter.html.csp

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 4:04 PM

Looks like Landis Aveda is coming to CCC: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/grn...k=MW_news_stmp

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 7:37 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

What is going on today... I was going to walk over to CCC for lunch... But the parking lot block is full so I'm worried it's packed... It doesn't look like anything is going on at the delta center... Maybe it the salt palace or the church :/ either way I bet CCC is packed

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 8:09 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Ok lets try not to get another CCC thread closed. It's bad enough we lost haft of the CCC development history ( over 5000 posts ) of the old thread.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 3:51 AM
West bench livin'

Well, since the original CCC thread was closed for just this sort of dialog, I guess now that CCC is open, we'll end up closing this thread with the same.

Ah well.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 5:04 AM
A.K.A. Vigo

So... Ugh.

Has there been any news of new leas signings? Particularly the huge ground level space on the crosroads side??

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 6:20 AM

Ok, I've got to a little. Everytime I logon to this forum I feel like I'm

is up with all of the posts, and trolling posts? They are getting really

If you've come here to troll and phish, then I reccomend that you

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 6:25 AM

Thank you Viperlord

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 6:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
So... Ugh.

Has there been any news of new leas signings? Particularly the huge ground level space on the crosroads side??

I did post this on the last page (just after the article that caused so much controversy)... Im not sure where it will go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post
Looks like Landis Aveda is coming to CCC: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/grn...k=MW_news_stmp

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 7:43 AM

Quote:

I did post this on the last page (just after the article that caused so much controversy)... Im not sure where it will go:
Its on the second level by the south entrance to Macy's.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 8:35 AM
SLC Intern

More Main Street business!

(my photo)

Story...

"City Creek, unlike the malls it replaces, will have stores whose shopfronts face Main Street, says Jeff Barnard, owner of clothing boutiques JMR and Lolabella. He’s a veteran of the mall scene, having had stores in the Cottonwood Mall, which was torn down, and Trolley, which he left for Crossroads, only to then move to Gateway. Now he has two stores in Gateway, where rents average $40 per square foot. “Sometimes I think City Creek will crush Gateway, sometimes not,” he says. Either way, the key for a retailer, is to be “real careful you sign a lease with mobility so you don’t get trapped in a shopping center in decline.”

Barnard was in negotiations with City Creek for years. Taubman offered a leasing deal of $82 per square foot, which would incrementally rise to $125 over 10 years. Barnard didn’t necessarily balk at how expensive it was. “The way I look at it, you’re paying for more volume.” Nevertheless, he couldn’t afford it, and came up with an ingenious way of being part of City Creek and the seeming Main Street revolution without paying the exorbitant rent.

On Aug. 1, he will open a 5,500-square-foot store in the Crandall building, on the corner of Main and 100 South, called Chalk Garden Co-op, the title a nod to 1959, when his parents opened the Chalk Garden clothing store."

-Stephen Dark. Salt Lake Tribune
http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/artic...current_page=3

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 8:49 AM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCdude View Post

(my photo)

Story...

"City Creek, unlike the malls it replaces, will have stores whose shopfronts face Main Street, says Jeff Barnard, owner of clothing boutiques JMR and Lolabella. He’s a veteran of the mall scene, having had stores in the Cottonwood Mall, which was torn down, and Trolley, which he left for Crossroads, only to then move to Gateway. Now he has two stores in Gateway, where rents average $40 per square foot. “Sometimes I think City Creek will crush Gateway, sometimes not,” he says. Either way, the key for a retailer, is to be “real careful you sign a lease with mobility so you don’t get trapped in a shopping center in decline.”

Barnard was in negotiations with City Creek for years. Taubman offered a leasing deal of $82 per square foot, which would incrementally rise to $125 over 10 years. Barnard didn’t necessarily balk at how expensive it was. “The way I look at it, you’re paying for more volume.” Nevertheless, he couldn’t afford it, and came up with an ingenious way of being part of City Creek and the seeming Main Street revolution without paying the exorbitant rent.

On Aug. 1, he will open a 5,500-square-foot store in the Crandall building, on the corner of Main and 100 South, called Chalk Garden Co-op, the title a nod to 1959, when his parents opened the Chalk Garden clothing store."

Nice... On a related note... I wonder what they are going to do with the foundation on that side of the building... There use to be steps and an entrance there... So it's not restorable like the south side... Unless they restore the entrance.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 8:56 AM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:

(my photo)

Story...

Nice... On a related note... I wonder what they are going to do with the foundation on that side of the building... There use to be steps and an entrance there... So it's not restorable like the south side... Unless they restore the entrance.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 2:10 PM

Quote:

(my photo)

Story...

How sweet it is for downtown right now. It's a bit premature to say this, but it really looks as if a new era has been ushered in. Can't wait for the Starbucks to open either—I would totally rather have something local like Beans and Brews or Coffee Garden, but I realize the value a coffeeshop has in the city center.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 4:25 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Ok maybe the time has come to close this thread ( NOT DELETE Brandon716 ) since CCC is now open and there really isnt any more develop news about it. Yea I kmow we still have towers 2 & 8 to built, but thats YEARS away.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Last edited by SLC Projects; Apr 1, 2012 at 6:41 PM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 5:22 PM

Quote:
It's too bad that Mathew Landis was ripped off and the company running Landis Aveda stole his name.

He originally started Landis Aveda with some backers, but they cheated him out of the company and even his own name.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 6:19 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountyLemonade View Post

(my photo)

How sweet it is for downtown right now. It's a bit premature to say this, but it really looks as if a new era has been ushered in. Can't wait for the Starbucks to open either—I would totally rather have something local like Beans and Brews or Coffee Garden, but I realize the value a coffeeshop has in the city center.

Do you know when Starbucks is suppose to open?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 6:27 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountyLemonade View Post

(my photo)

Do you know when Starbucks is suppose to open?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 6:29 PM

I think they're still in discussions with Starbuck and nothing has been finalized yet (at least this is what someone had posted earlier). If signed on, does anyone know where it will go? Will the Starbucks take over the Subway retail space on the South side of the Crandall Building?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West