HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     
Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #101  
Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 7:33 PM
flight_from_kamakura's Avatar
flight_from_kamakura flight_from_kamakura is offline
testify
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: san francisco and montreal
Posts: 1,319
thanks for the update. there are a couple on there that have died, and you missed a couple, including the new research center set to rise on the voyageur site, the saint elizabeth project, the roy/pine trio of high density mid-rise, the viger hotel project (though that may be dead, even though there's been recent talk of new funding) and that new condo project in the mile to the north of sherbrooke (i.e. not the happy high-rise on stanley, which has yet to begin).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #102  
Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 7:17 PM
yarabundi's Avatar
yarabundi yarabundi is offline
Homo Platoregimontis
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal
Posts: 3,297
Look at this pdf : http://stream1.newswire.ca/media/201...C_FR_11905.pdf

Ça se passe de commentaires !!!

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/9496...le-de-montreal

Dix nouveaux projets annoncés pour Montréal.
__________________
"Je suis contre les femmes...tout contre !!"
Sacha Guitry

Come to see our SC4 cities at http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums/af....php?forum=vil
or here : http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=117089
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #103  
Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 7:46 PM
montréaliste montréaliste is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montréal, évidemment!
Posts: 765
Yes, downtown Montreal is getting ready for 10 new major projects approved by the city and announced this morning. A number of interesting projects on long neglected sites that needed high density.

Le Peterson on rue de la Concorde is named in honor of Oscar Peterson, the jazz pianist and native son will be a 34 story tower in the style of Aqua in Chicago. The small lot is close the Place des Festivals in the Quartier des Spectacles. A lot of buzz in the area for new buildings either being built or in the planning stages. Bleury street is the epicenter of this building spree. Developers are working on a building design for a 30 some odd story mixed use tower on the corner of Ste-Catherine street where the old Spectrum theatre used to be.

SNC-Lavalin's world headquarters is also up for the addition of a second larger tower on its lot on René-Lévesque and Bleury. Across the street from it, a new project by Point Zero, the fashion garment companyHQ to rehab two towers as hotel/condos. Diagonally across the SNC-Lavalin HQ's lot is the new Marriott Courtyard hotel and apartment (rentals) tower being built. That is a 40 story bldg.

The Roccabella is a 2x 35 story condo project on René-Lévesque and a little further on the same will appear a 35 to 40 story mixed use on the ilot Overdale. Another interesting proposal is the Ogilvy department store extension of its circa1866 building with a condo and hotel mixed use tower of 16 stories.

Cadillac Fairview also has a Kohn Pedersen Fox designed 27 floor tower on its Windsor Station property approved.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #104  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 6:23 AM
leftimage leftimage is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MTL
Posts: 569
I've only been project-trolling for a year now. Does anyone have a general idea of how long it takes before projects are shovel-ready (or digging) after announcements such as these? Any estimates on what % of projects actually materialize?

After I was done wiping the drool off my desk I kind of had a moment of prudent reflexion
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #105  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 5:45 PM
BIMBAM's Avatar
BIMBAM BIMBAM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 378
It really depends on market conditions, financing, bureaucratic hurdles - essentially a whole host of factors that make that time very unique for each case. In Montreal, maybe 30 - 40% of the proposals ever get built, and when they do happen it can take anywhere between months to say five years for shovels to hit the ground. In the current conditions, however, I think most of these will in fact happen, and if the condo booms in the rest of the country fueled by these interest rates are any indication, the developers will be moving as fast as possible to take advantage of this market.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #106  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 11:40 AM
Dylan Leblanc's Avatar
Dylan Leblanc Dylan Leblanc is offline
Website Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Victoria Canada
Posts: 7,873
The area just south of the Le 1250 Blvd. tower is really going to change in the next few years with seven towers proposed.

Map - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/map...us=1&height=53
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #107  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 4:56 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,203
9 actually. Le Drummond will have 21 and 23 storeys. The twin will be build on Drummond on a parking lot north of the Sheraton Hotel.
__________________
- Mais vous êtes fou monsieur!
- Pas du tout! C'est vous qui ne l'êtes pas!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #108  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 5:40 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is online now
Language Profs hate me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 10,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Leblanc View Post
The area just south of the Le 1250 Blvd. tower is really going to change in the next few years with seven towers proposed.

Map - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/map...us=1&height=53
Hey this interactive map is really great! Its going to be even greater once the drummond towers get put on, as well as the overdale 40 storey tower (In between Mackay and Lucien l'allier on Rene-Levesque).
__________________
Alarm Force is listed on the TSX
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #109  
Old Posted May 8, 2012, 12:57 PM
Bastien Bastien is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7
Luz Condos (Côte-des-neiges)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #110  
Old Posted May 8, 2012, 1:24 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
The Vomit Bag.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Liver & Onions
Posts: 21,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by montréaliste View Post
Yes, downtown Montreal is getting ready for 10 new major projects approved by the city and announced this morning. A number of interesting projects on long neglected sites that needed high density.

Le Peterson on rue de la Concorde is named in honor of Oscar Peterson, the jazz pianist and native son will be a 34 story tower in the style of Aqua in Chicago. The small lot is close the Place des Festivals in the Quartier des Spectacles. A lot of buzz in the area for new buildings either being built or in the planning stages. Bleury street is the epicenter of this building spree. Developers are working on a building design for a 30 some odd story mixed use tower on the corner of Ste-Catherine street where the old Spectrum theatre used to be.

SNC-Lavalin's world headquarters is also up for the addition of a second larger tower on its lot on René-Lévesque and Bleury. Across the street from it, a new project by Point Zero, the fashion garment companyHQ to rehab two towers as hotel/condos. Diagonally across the SNC-Lavalin HQ's lot is the new Marriott Courtyard hotel and apartment (rentals) tower being built. That is a 40 story bldg.

The Roccabella is a 2x 35 story condo project on René-Lévesque and a little further on the same will appear a 35 to 40 story mixed use on the ilot Overdale. Another interesting proposal is the Ogilvy department store extension of its circa1866 building with a condo and hotel mixed use tower of 16 stories.

Cadillac Fairview also has a Kohn Pedersen Fox designed 27 floor tower on its Windsor Station property approved.
Outstanding. You gotta go back to the 1960s to recall this level of high rise construction in Montreal.
__________________
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. -Donald Rumsfeld
Didn't you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #111  
Old Posted May 21, 2012, 5:05 AM
roccerfeller's Avatar
roccerfeller roccerfeller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 2,319
What's up Montreal! So many frigging developments on the first page I love it!

But tough to keep track of!!

Can someone fill me in on any new condo developments? Would love to see what's building there right now

Cheers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #112  
Old Posted May 21, 2012, 5:07 AM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is online now
Language Profs hate me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 10,191
The projects on the first page date from 2006.
__________________
Alarm Force is listed on the TSX
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #113  
Old Posted May 22, 2012, 2:04 PM
Bastien Bastien is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
What's up Montreal! So many frigging developments on the first page I love it!

But tough to keep track of!!

Can someone fill me in on any new condo developments? Would love to see what's building there right now

Cheers
Well, there's the Triangle district in Côte-des-neiges that is full of new constructions: you've got Rouge condos, Luz Condos, Ma condos, condos Vue phase II an many others that you can check out! I can post photos of each if you want (i've already put one of Luz and an other one i think.. but not all of them)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #114  
Old Posted May 23, 2012, 2:30 AM
easy as pie's Avatar
easy as pie easy as pie is offline
testify
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 94109
Posts: 853
yeah, it's really building out in that part of the island, the big hippodrome site should be coming up pretty shortly too. good for you guys out there!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #115  
Old Posted May 23, 2012, 5:34 PM
Bastien Bastien is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7
Yes, it's coming along nicely! Here's the project's site: http://bit.ly/Mq5ZsH
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #116  
Old Posted May 23, 2012, 6:23 PM
roccerfeller's Avatar
roccerfeller roccerfeller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 2,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastien View Post
Well, there's the Triangle district in Côte-des-neiges that is full of new constructions: you've got Rouge condos, Luz Condos, Ma condos, condos Vue phase II an many others that you can check out! I can post photos of each if you want (i've already put one of Luz and an other one i think.. but not all of them)
I'd really appreciate it.

I'm very interested in the condo developments in Montreal, partially because I might invest in one
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #117  
Old Posted May 24, 2012, 6:12 PM
Bastien Bastien is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7
So, here's the Ma:


Rouge:


Vue:


And for my own enjoyment haha, an other vue of Luz:
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #118  
Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 3:37 PM
Dylan Leblanc's Avatar
Dylan Leblanc Dylan Leblanc is offline
Website Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Victoria Canada
Posts: 7,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Hey this interactive map is really great! Its going to be even greater once the drummond towers get put on, as well as the overdale 40 storey tower (In between Mackay and Lucien l'allier on Rene-Levesque).
The map now contains the projects you mentioned.

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/maps/?cityID=22
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #119  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 5:35 PM
harls's Avatar
harls harls is offline
Can I HELP YOU??
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Aylmer, Québec
Posts: 15,780
Took the train into Montreal this morning and snapped these.. what project is this?





and this one? I can see Altoria in the background..

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #120  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 7:56 PM
vanatox vanatox is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Took the train into Montreal this morning and snapped these.. what project is this?

and this one? I can see Altoria in the background..
1) District Griffin phase 1

2) Griffix (and it's not Altoria that we see in the background but Altitude).
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
   
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:32 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.