HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
From the lack of activity it might be more accurate to say that Atlanta is at the dawn of a stirring.
I wouldn't classify it a boom in the least either, if it weren't for multiple cranes at each site, it would't look so impressive.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropundit View Post
Construction is expected to commence by late spring on the $35 million five-story apartment community, which will have 276 units on the park's "oceanfront" near the Atlanta BeltLine's Eastside Trail.North American expects the first residents to take occupancy of their units in fall 2013.The property is bound by Glen Iris Drive on the west, Dallas Street on the north, Rankin Street on the south and Historic Fourth Ward Park on the east, a short walk from the former City Hall East, which Jamestown is redeveloping into Ponce City Market.

http://atlantarealestate.citybizlist...Ward-Land.aspx
Saw a rendering of this late last year. It looks decent, maybe it was 5-6 stories...Will compliment the AMLI communities there.

Last edited by simms3_redux; Apr 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 2:38 AM

http://www.partnersandnapier.com/

Partners & Napier is the newest tenant in Midtown, and they opened in the little apartment building next to me on W. Peachtree (near DaVinci's Pizza).

They are a media/PR firm based in Rochester. I have noticed so many prestigious media firms opening up shop here in the last 2 years, including Son & Sons across from 999. I have also noticed a ton of media/co-work space popping up, mainly around the Westside from Atlantic Station to Brickworks. The 21st century/innovation is certainly alive in Atlanta nowadays.

Still waiting for retailers to want to open up shop in Midtown. Has anyone tried The Lawrence yet?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 12:41 PM

Atlanta getting its first Le Méridien hotel

The 275-room Atlanta Perimeter Hotel & Suites will be rebranded as a Le Méridien.

The Parisian-inspired brand was acquired by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. about six years ago and is now expected to grow significantly.

“We are very excited about the opportunity to work with this new brand,” said Katie Brenckle, executive director of the Convention and Visitors Bureau of Dunwoody. “I think it’s going to be a good thing for that property, for the location and the market.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...-meridien.html

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 1:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropundit View Post
The 275-room Atlanta Perimeter Hotel & Suites will be rebranded as a Le Méridien.

The Parisian-inspired brand was acquired by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. about six years ago and is now expected to grow significantly.

“We are very excited about the opportunity to work with this new brand,” said Katie Brenckle, executive director of the Convention and Visitors Bureau of Dunwoody. “I think it’s going to be a good thing for that property, for the location and the market.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...-meridien.html

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 1:57 PM

Developer, NFL Star Address Gambling Complex Concerns

Norcross Patch speaks to developer Dan O'Leary and former NFL player Herschel Walker about the proposed facility in unincorporated Norcross.

http://norcross.patch.com/articles/i...mbling-complex

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 4:12 PM

Midtown Update :

77 12th Street:

Skyhouse in the background

Skyhouse:

10th and Williams:

GaTech Coliseum:

Pictures by Me! - http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/gtjared/

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
Saw a rendering of this late last year. It looks decent, maybe it was 5-6 stories...Will compliment the AMLI communities there.
I think the article is wrong and the property doesn't front on Glen Iris. I did the zoning for that site several years ago, which was done jointly with the adjacent The Fourth (AMLI) project. It did not include the Glen Iris frontage on that block.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 5:52 PM

So a few things:

A) Thanks AtlantaMustang for the construction progress updates, and anyone else who has posted pictures of various construction progress around the city. There is SO much going on and so little time to capture it all. Thank you.

B) The Beltline is literally making progress like I can't even believe. Holy crap. I am SO excited. Has anyone caught the photo updates/aerials from their Facebook page? It is pure AWESOMENESS!!

C) So I'm sitting in a very very decent coffee shop in Jacksonville right now working and reading the Business Chronicle from 2 weeks ago (I know, I'm behind), and there is a Downtown Update with an article about a playground going in Woodruff Park??? WTF!!! Ok, this is one park that definitely does NOT need a motherf****n playground. Just saying.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 9:07 PM

Quote:
So a few things:

C) So I'm sitting in a very very decent coffee shop in Jacksonville right now working and reading the Business Chronicle from 2 weeks ago (I know, I'm behind), and there is a Downtown Update with an article about a playground going in Woodruff Park??? WTF!!! Ok, this is one park that definitely does NOT need a motherf****n playground. Just saying.
All parks need playgrounds. It looks pretty cool. It's not like a metal see-saw.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLaffinity View Post
Ok, that's really cool. Like a playground/sculpture. I won't be complaining.

Pictures by Me! - http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/gtjared/

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 1:25 AM
BANNED

Atlanta needs more fountains.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Atlanta needs more fountains.
I agree. These are great pics, I love to see cranes and construction.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 2:12 PM

Quote:
So a few things:

As a Downtown resident since 1998, I can attest to the fact that this is something our neighborhood has wanted for a long time, and is a resident-led effort, in cooperation with CAP and GSU. There are quite a few young kids living downtown (at least until they get to school age) and many of the empty-nesters living her are grandparents who have their grand children visit on the weekend. This will provide a closer playground option than the one at COP, which many have found is a bit too far for a toddler to walk.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 4:16 PM

Looks like the North Ave through Ga Tech streetscape project is finished. Question though, the renderings show a median, is that still in the works? It looks a million times better than that stretch of road did before, much more walkable.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
As a Downtown resident since 1998, I can attest to the fact that this is something our neighborhood has wanted for a long time, and is a resident-led effort, in cooperation with CAP and GSU. There are quite a few young kids living downtown (at least until they get to school age) and many of the empty-nesters living her are grandparents who have their grand children visit on the weekend. This will provide a closer playground option than the one at COP, which many have found is a bit too far for a toddler to walk.
Hell yeah GSU wants a playground. I'll be on the jungle gym constantly!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 2:39 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
I agree. These are great pics, I love to see cranes and construction.
For a city with a mild climate, there are hardly any, and the few that exist are lame. It would be nice if the corporations based in Atlanta underwrote the costs of a huge and amazing fountain.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 2:32 PM

Ansley Parkside

Ansley Parkside is finally coming back alive after 2-3 years of inactivity. They completed the pool, sold some townhomes after droppping the price, and now they are constructing another townhome building facing Monroe Drive, across from the Ansley Mall. If these units keep selling, it won't be long before this complex is completed.

http://www.ansleyparkside.com/

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 2:50 PM

Quote:
For a city with a mild climate, there are hardly any, and the few that exist are lame. It would be nice if the corporations based in Atlanta underwrote the costs of a huge and amazing fountain.
we're only two years removed from the drought that prevented people from watering their lawns during the day and atlanta is still fighting just to use lake lanier.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Nevermind the water issues in Atlanta.

I hate to disagree, but the city has some gorgeous fountains. Just take a look around and you'll find them. I guess any city could use more fountains, but it's not like there aren't MANY very nice ones...including the very famous one at Centennial Olympic Park. Not lame at all.

Okay I'm done. I get so tired of the negative attitudes of some people when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited by TarHeelJ; Apr 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations