New Ryerson University Student Residence, 186-188 Jarvis Street, Toronto, 23 storeys
• The new student residence will be located at 186 & 188 Jarvis Street (west side of Jarvis between Queen and Dundas)
• The proposed building is 23 storeys, providing 500+ spaces for Ryerson students
• The addition of 500+ spaces increases Ryerson’s total residence spaces by 30%
• Initial building design includes a two-storey podium at grade offering a mix of services such as cafes, retail and service outlets
• Construction is slated to begin in 2014. The residence is expected to open in September, 2016
• Ryerson is ultimately aiming to increase its residence capacity by 2,000 spots by 2020, meaning the university will likely need to build at least two more buildings.
Information and rendering provided by Ed007Toronto on UrbanToronto: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthr...-20s-IBI-Group