HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 11:23 AM

Flat tax, All in.

There seems to be so much confusion on taxes. I think it is set up this way so no one really understand this elaborate walnut shuffle shell game.
There are many people involved in this shuffle, and a HUGE government beaurocacy.
Maybe it is time for a flat tax for all and eliminate all the loopholes. RRSP's, tax free saving accounts, etc, etc, etc
Everyone pays say 25%, and if you want your retirement savings will be your savings account. No, pay so much per year, get a tax refund or exemption and pay tax on it later when you retire at a lower rate.
I know, I know this is simplistic and may rub some wrong as this is a big industry. But, it was suggested several years ago as a political point.
People complain that the rich use loop holes to avoid taxes or not pay their fair share. Well just get rid of the loopholes with a flat tax no exemptions.
There would have to be some consideration for the low income earners.
When this was explained to me at a town hall meeting it sounded good, and I imagine, someone in here will highlight the downfalls.
Thanks

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada