1. Expansion of the orange Metro line north, underneath the river, into the city of Laval.
2. Began construction of a commuter rail line to the East End of Montreal and then onwards into the cities of Repentigny and Mascouche.
From La Presse: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites...-mascouche.php
3. Revitalization of the Griffintown neighbourhood from an old area of obsolete industrial buildings into a residential neighbourhood of high rise condominiums.
From Montreal Express: http://www.montrealexpress.ca/Affair...s-regionales/1
4. Began construction on two enormous superhospital projects, the McGill University Hospital Centre and the Centre Hospitalier Universite de Montreal (MUHC and CHUM superhospitals). The MUHC will be the largest hospital in Canada, and the CHUM will be almost the same size.
From skyscrapercity: http://www.google.ca/imgres?hl=en&gb...9,r:6,s:0,i:76
5. Millions of dollars of improvements to the `Quartier des Spectacles`cultural quarter, including new performance venues and improved festival grounds. This includes the beautiful new Montreal Symphony House for our Orchestra which opened up a few months ago.
6. Construction of a respectable number of new downtown skyscrapers, including office buildings, hotels and residential buildings.
7. The first Montreal Nuit Blanche festival was held in 2003 and it has become another wonderful festival tradition in the city. An all night city wide party dedicated to the arts originally founded in Europe, its adoption has become hugely successful.
From La Presse: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/photos/201...ontreal-images
8. We got a major league soccer franchise and a stadium to house them, the Montreal Impact who will play at Saputo Stadium, next to the Olympic Stadium, when it is completed. So far they are doing very well.
9. Significant airport expansions.
From West Island Gazette: http://westislandgazette.com/news/9161
10. Big, expensive new buildings on every Montreal university campus and some CEGEPs (local obligatory junior college between highschool and university which offers both pre-university programs and vocational training).