HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
There could be two new hotels rising by the convention center if plans for Block 162 (16th & California) and 15th & Stout go through. Hopefully we find out more soon. Block 162 is especially exciting because it's mixed-use.
SPILL IT BEEGEE, before I start singing hits from Saturday Night Fever!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 1:52 PM

LOL, i bet it's this proposal right here!! (Just kidding!)

Big circular skyscraper rising into sky

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 2:27 PM

Oh man, filling that space would be amazing. Even though I know you're joking, it's still nice to think about.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 3:07 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Looking back, at least we did have this happen kinda-ish recently which is a great feat for a city our size (photos are a little old hence 'QWEST'):

(And lots of this, which will be happening again real soon hopefully)

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 3:23 AM

Can somebody please explain why the DIA access ramps need to be lowered, and how? Are they going to be lower at one end then get steeper? It confuses the heck out of me.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 3:47 AM

Just sharing what I had heard. If you know anyone at klipp they are the ones developing the proposal. I just caught mixed-use, hotel and urban Target which was enough to pique my interest. DenverInfill or rds will probably get the real scoop soon enough..

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Just sharing what I had heard. If you know anyone at klipp they are the ones developing the proposal. I just caught mixed-use, hotel and urban Target which was enough to pique my interest. DenverInfill or rds will probably get the real scoop soon enough..
Yeh BG i saw it on Klipp's website, the block 162 master plan. That design is four years old and it's hideous. I hope they come up with something better.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp View Post

^^ regarding land at 32nd and Blake...we parted ways with the land after the collapse, but retained our drawings for "LIFT" (14 townhomes)....we hope to do those on another location sometime!

I'm surprised they would re-zone...we had 3' setbacks, parking reduction and no bulk-plane to contend with (CMU-10)....but hopefully they do something great on that spot!
BCP, looks like theyre rezoning to C-MX-5 to allow a five story apartment building with 34 units.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 10:26 PM

So I was looking through the ROW plan review website within Denvergov and I found some interesting stuff. I noticed that there were major encumberance permits submitted for some apartment projects we've heard about lately. I am not going to bet the farm based on just these submittals that the project will breakground....I know there's more to this process than just getting one permit. With that said, the projects that have asked for MEPs are:

1. 1490 Delgany
2. The Residences at 19th and Logan
3. 2300 Walnut
4. 2120 Blake St

Also Riverfront Park is asking the city if it can move it's neighborhood sign at 20th and Little Raven since that lot is supposed to be developed by AMLI. But I didn't see anything submitted in the ROW section for AMLI.

I would be pretty happy if these 4 projects really did breakground this year. According to Redpeak's website they are pushing for a Q2 2012 groundbreaking. That would be amazing!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhomeDenver View Post
So I was looking through the ROW plan review website within Denvergov and I found some interesting stuff. I noticed that there were major encumberance permits submitted for some apartment projects we've heard about lately. I am not going to bet the farm based on just these submittals that the project will breakground....I know there's more to this process than just getting one permit. With that said, the projects that have asked for MEPs are:

1. 1490 Delgany
2. The Residences at 19th and Logan
3. 2300 Walnut
4. 2120 Blake St

Also Riverfront Park is asking the city if it can move it's neighborhood sign at 20th and Little Raven since that lot is supposed to be developed by AMLI. But I didn't see anything submitted in the ROW section for AMLI.

I would be pretty happy if these 4 projects really did breakground this year. According to Redpeak's website they are pushing for a Q2 2012 groundbreaking. That would be amazing!
Expect all four of those projects, plus 20th and Little Raven, and Cadence to start within the next two months.

On a side note, the conversion of the old Public Service building on 15th Street into a hotel will be getting underway soon as well. The exterior of the building will remain pretty much the same. The one interesting feature will be the auto elevators to reach the below grade parking levels.

Last edited by rds70; Apr 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
On a side note, the conversion of the old Public Service building on 15th Street will be getting underway soon as well. The exterior of the building will remain pretty much the same. The one interesting feature will be the auto elevators to reach the below grade parking levels.
Another major downtown remodel is taking place at the Byron Rogers Federal Building at 19th & Champa. They are spending $160 million to completely gut the 60's era building making it more sustainable (LEED Platinum) and a better office environment. I have heard the building will be made an historic landmark soon. I personally think it's an ugly building but plenty of people appreciate that style.

Speaking of LEED Platinum, the new Asian Tropics exhibit at the Denver Zoo will be the first zoo to have a Platinum exhibit. It will really take the zoo to a new level. The zoo is now landlocked though and if they expand again it will be into City Park which may be necessary in the future.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Expect all four of those projects, plus 20th and Little Raven, and Cadence to start within the next two months.

On a side note, the conversion of the old Public Service building on 15th Street will be getting underway soon as well. The exterior of the building will remain pretty much the same. The one interesting feature will be the auto elevators to reach the below grade parking levels.
RDS that would be pretty damn super!!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 3:06 PM

Check out this video Snyder found. It has a new computer simulation of the DIA hotel.

http://vimeo.com/40453801

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 3:17 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:

Too bad that 20th & Chestnut is not on that list....

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 3:46 PM
Ground Scraper

Cool video but, "Airport City"???

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 4:13 PM

My guess is the video was made for the Airport Cities worldwide conference taking place in Denver next week. Shockingly the conference is chaired/organized by John Kasarda.

I love how in the video TOD transitions right into business parks without regard to the possible contradictions. My hope is that they mean business parks will be outside of the TOD but still why not put the offices in the mixed use TOD areas? Between the potential three stops on the line they have enough space to develop office capacity in the TOD areas to meet demand for at least a generation.

Also in the video we somehow have connections to Asia all of a sudden (Maybe they will finally announce that ANA flight next week).

Last edited by bobg; Apr 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 5:07 PM

Quote:
On a side note, the conversion of the old Public Service building on 15th Street into a hotel will be getting underway soon as well. The exterior of the building will remain pretty much the same. The one interesting feature will be the auto elevators to reach the below grade parking levels.
Forgive my ignorance but... Which old Public Service building is that? The Gas and Electric Building at Champa? With all the lights on it?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Another major downtown remodel is taking place at the Byron Rogers Federal Building at 19th & Champa. They are spending $160 million to completely gut the 60's era building making it more sustainable (LEED Platinum) and a better office environment. I have heard the building will be made an historic landmark soon. I personally think it's an ugly building but plenty of people appreciate that style.

Speaking of LEED Platinum, the new Asian Tropics exhibit at the Denver Zoo will be the first zoo to have a Platinum exhibit. It will really take the zoo to a new level. The zoo is now landlocked though and if they expand again it will be into City Park which may be necessary in the future.
But since they're moving the elephants and other exhibits into the new space, I'm assuming that leaves a few "holes" in the existing zoo that they'll be able to fill. I haven't heard about any plans for the old exhibit sites. I have two 4-year-olds, so I know the zoo pretty well lol!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceQ View Post
Forgive my ignorance but... Which old Public Service building is that? The Gas and Electric Building at Champa? With all the lights on it?
It is at 15th and Welton.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 6:33 PM
Ground Scraper

They could still consolidate their surface parking into structured parking and expand to the northeast. Also, they could purchase the athletic fields on the corner of Colorado & 23rd. I never considered those to be part of City Park but I'm not sure who owns that property.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West