HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 4:01 PM

That snowstorm last night was kind of crazy! it was absolutely pouring rain with a bit of snow mixed in throughout the day, then at around 8 it turned into a blizzard. Was very surprised to see green grass this morning, I figured everything would be completely white.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 5:10 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
That snowstorm last night was kind of crazy! it was absolutely pouring rain with a bit of snow mixed in throughout the day, then at around 8 it turned into a blizzard. Was very surprised to see green grass this morning, I figured everything would be completely white.
It still is at higher elevations. The freeze line around 4pm last night was about 30m lower than my house. It was hilarious driving up Stoney coming back home - went from just rain, to a little snow, to pure white in about 10 seconds. I hear areas of Edgemont got as much as 25cm, no way will that all melt today.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 6:27 AM
All I do is score goals!

16C and sunny! Still dry as hell though... down to 1C this morning.

The Canadian warmspot was Berens River, Manitoba at 19.2C. You know it's chilly across the country where not a single place records 20C in mid-April.
Chicago: Part 2
Naperville, IL: Part 3

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 1:43 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

The weather network is claiming that its 2C with flurries right now in St. John's. I don't know where they get their info, but it is a gorgeous day today. No flurries to speak of, and probably closer to 7C or 8C. I can only seeing it getting hotter this afternoon. Definitely not a day I want to be studying for my last batch of finals.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
The weather network is claiming that its 2C with flurries right now in St. John's. I don't know where they get their info, but it is a gorgeous day today. No flurries to speak of, and probably closer to 7C or 8C. I can only seeing it getting hotter this afternoon. Definitely not a day I want to be studying for my last batch of finals.
The 15 degree weather from a few days ago was not well received by me. There's nothing I hate more than staring out the window at beautiful sunshine while studying, and knowing very well the day I finish exams It'll probably snow.

Good to know it's warmer than 2 out there, I was wondering whether or not a coat would be needed

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 4:02 PM
Here and There

Calgary Weather Fail.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 4:40 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw5150 View Post
Calgary Weather Fail.
Yeah, this city is fucked. It feels like spring is here for 2 months, and then suddenly when spring actually comes - back to winter!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 9:38 PM

The trees are getting greener and it should go up to 27C on Monday, nice.

Last edited by le calmar; Apr 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 6:11 AM
All I do is score goals!

16C and a mix of sun and clouds today! Still very dry though...

The Canadian warmspot was Gretna, Manitoba at 20.2C. We're getting close to a being a month with the same high temperature in 2012 so I think it's time to break it.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 2:13 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
The 15 degree weather from a few days ago was not well received by me. There's nothing I hate more than staring out the window at beautiful sunshine while studying, and knowing very well the day I finish exams It'll probably snow.

Good to know it's warmer than 2 out there, I was wondering whether or not a coat would be needed
Its awful eh. Today doesn't make me feel any better. I wake up to find more sun. Roommates are heading out to play catch. Instead I'm heading to campus for a tutorial.

This Friday I'm done my last exam ever, and it just so happens that this week St. John's decided to be sunny for the first time in 2012. How problematic.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 10:18 PM

It was 24 in windsor:p

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 11:20 PM

Today I looked at the forecast and see that Edmonton, Calgary, Regina and Saskatoon are all below freezing this afternoon with light snow.

This makes me so happy to be on the west coast, I love spring and the last 2 weeks have been great! Sooooooo green out.

Anyways, we had some snow on my street today as well, but it was pink cherry blossom snow

Here are the pics (took them just an hour ago)

All pics are my own:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30634635@N03/?saved=1

Also, was i nthe sun run today with 49 000 other people, weather was perfect for a 10 km run, was mostly cloudy and 12 at the time.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 11:55 PM
All I do is score goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Today I looked at the forecast and see that Edmonton, Calgary, Regina and Saskatoon are all below freezing this afternoon with light snow.

This makes me so happy to be on the west coast, I love spring and the last 2 weeks have been great! Sooooooo green out.
Maybe you should have continued until Southern Ontario/Southern Quebec and you wouldn't be so happy.

Dandelions are now in full bloom in some places here... most fruit trees are also blooming (the earliest started in mid-March during the heatwave). A lot of trees have mini-leaves or a blooming as well.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 12:02 AM

The last two weeks have been perfect spring weather IMO, a good mix os sun and cloud (only about 2 days have been true rain), no freezing temps (Vancouver's last frost is usually in March, so that is normal) and high temps between 13 and 18 (although it was up to 22 inland last week).

So I love it. And the lush green is what really seals the deal for me. The majority of trees here a far beyond simply budding or flowers. The cottonwood, alder and birch forests are lush with greenery now.

I am sure the largest heat wave in March history, coupled with one of the warmest winters ever on record has helped the east this year in being ahead of schedule.

But again, I love my West Coast Cherry Blossoms Sakura festival last weekend was great.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 1:21 AM
Briareos Hecatonchires

Edmonton Weather Fail.

A few cm of snow on the ground and the high below freezing. Not. Fun. At. All.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 5:44 AM
Home of Hyperchange

This weather is holding together a snowpack like I've never seen. 250+ cm at Sunshine and it's all quality snow. Unbelievable for mid-April.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 6:06 AM
All I do is score goals!

20C and sunny with more cloud cover later in the afternoon! The humidity has also increased... only down to 10C this morning.

The Canadian warmspot was Windsor, Ontario at 24.7C.

Several places recorded a humidex but no 2012 record. The highest was Windsor at 29C.

The dewpoint record for 2012 was broken though... Sarnia recorded a dewpoint of 18C.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 6:07 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Public Gardens in Halifax, recently open again for the season (why it must close down for the winter isn't exactly clear -- they remained shut during the March heatwave when it was 29 degrees!):

Source

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 6:20 AM
All I do is score goals!

Boy we need thunderstorms... bring them on.

Also first 30C of 2012 in Canada?
Quote:
As the severe-weather system moves in from the US, people from Windsor all the way to Montreal and as far north as Nickel Belt could see up to 35 mm of rain by Tuesday morning.

There's also a risk of thunderstorms across a large part of Ontario as far north as Sudbury. The Ottawa and Montreal areas could see the most severe weather, as temperatures there will flirt with 30°C.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...age_topstories

Record high for April 16 is 28.7C (2002) so it's going to be hard to beat that.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
I am sure the largest heat wave in March history, coupled with one of the warmest winters ever on record has helped the east this year in being ahead of schedule.
This is indeed ahead of schedule. Leaves are coming out on trees 2 weeks earlier than usual. Some leaves started to come out during that March heatwave, but now everything is greener every day. I don't think we are more than one week behind the BC coast right now, which is exceptional. (if it was not of that heatwave in March and the cold spring you had out there, we would probably be one month behind)

Last edited by le calmar; Apr 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada