HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 8:38 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
I think Adobe gets talked about in both this thread and the SLC MSA Thread, but I decided to put the information in here. Maybe somebody has already mentioned this but I couldn't remember.

It looks as if Adobe's long range plan is similar to those of most software/internet companies. The long range plan (from a local inside source) is that the campus in Lehi will eventually have five buildings. My source isn't sure if it will ever come to fruition, but they have the land and the plan, if neccesary.
If that's the case then here's hoping buildings IV and V will be taller then four stories.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 8:40 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
If that's the case then here's hoping buildings IV and V will be taller then four stories.
What about II and III? The current building is just building I.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 12:04 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
What about II and III? The current building is just building I.

The first three buildings are all four stories from what I've seen in the renderings.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 4:05 AM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post

The first three buildings are all four stories from what I've seen in the renderings.
Got it.

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 11:07 PM

I would just like to point out that as Springville City has built a new library and city offices, which look nice: My city, Spanish Fork, has upgraded and expanded their rodeo grounds. Never mind that the current library is so small that they have to store books off site, because they are literally using every square inch of space that they have. Also, the city offices, well. . . You know that earthquake drill we had two weeks ago? Yeah, Spanish Fork's city employees would be counted among the "did not survive", if "the big one" ever hits. City offices building has to be 100+ years old. I'm not advocating destroying it, it has significant historical value, but maybe build a new office, or perform some much needed renovations.

I feel that Spanish Fork is the forgotten city of Utah County. We grew the most %-wise last decade, behind Lehi. SF now has 35,000+ residents and is growing every day. Costco is building, and a lot of the land between SF and Mapleton was just annexed by SF, and somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 homes have been announced for that same area, which is north of Maple Mountain High School.

I'm really happy the freeway is being widened all the way down to SF, because this is where, IMO, the county will grow the fastest, now that most of the land in Northern Utah County is more expensive and becoming more and more scarce. Plus, with the Nu Skin Expansion and Temple in Provo, SF is only 10 miles (actually, more like 7) from downtown. This means that as Provo grows it's downtown as a destination for business, cities like Spanish Fork and Springville can grow as destinations for industry, and residents.

Sorry to be long winded, I'm just really excited for the future, and I feel that we're only beginning to realize the potential our state has to offer.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 8:58 AM

Good post Deek. I think we will see a dramatic change to the south part of Utah Valley over the next 20-30 years. Like you said, this where most of remaining open space in Utah County is located. Spanish Fork, Salem, Payson, Benjamin and even over west of Santaquin in the Genola area could see explosive growth. In addition, such growth would make Provo the centerpoint of a large metropolitan area. It could also help Provo develop a large vibrant downtown.

I would not be surprised to see over one million people living in the valley in 30 years.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 10:45 AM

Agreed, the explosive pace of growth at the south end of Utah Valley will be what pushes the growth and vibrancy of Downtown Provo as much or more than anything else.

There's still quite a bit of room along the Redwood Rd. corridor, especially above it on the benches to the south of the NSA complex. Also, we'll see an amazing amount of residential development and increased commercial density around Thanksgiving Point over the next 10 years. I think Lehi will far exceed a population of 50,000 by the time it's built out.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 6:11 PM
Development Junkie

Who knows if we'll see anything happen soon, but I do know that Spanish Fork City is set to acquire the LDS church next to the city offices once a new church is finished across the street from SFHS on Center St.

The city might have something up its sleeve, but is waiting for all the ducks to line up before they announce or proceed with anything.

I feel that the city offices should be moved from Main St. over to a new building on the east side of the lot that the Justice Center is located on (across from SFCN's offices). Then they should rezone the existing city offices and the church to be commercial (the whole block, if they could).

As for the library, I think it would be awesome if they built a much larger one primarily underground (like BYU) and have the existing footprint of the library be a glass atrium (like BYU). Except, have glass panels of varying degrees of clarity and width so they could put "etched glass" graphics up the panels as if they are the ends of books with classic titles. And, since they would be stickers, they could even occasionally replace some with current popular titles.

BTW: I am also a resident of Spanish Fork.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr View Post
Who knows if we'll see anything happen soon, but I do know that Spanish Fork City is set to acquire the LDS church next to the city offices once a new church is finished across the street from SFHS on Center St.

The city might have something up its sleeve, but is waiting for all the ducks to line up before they announce or proceed with anything.

I feel that the city offices should be moved from Main St. over to a new building on the east side of the lot that the Justice Center is located on (across from SFCN's offices). Then they should rezone the existing city offices and the church to be commercial (the whole block, if they could).

As for the library, I think it would be awesome if they built a much larger one primarily underground (like BYU) and have the existing footprint of the library be a glass atrium (like BYU). Except, have glass panels of varying degrees of clarity and width so they could put "etched glass" graphics up the panels as if they are the ends of books with classic titles. And, since they would be stickers, they could even occasionally replace some with current popular titles.

I find it somewhat humorous that people get all up in arms about the LDS Church buying public property (see 100 S in Provo). Yet I doubt anyone will care that the public is buying an LDS Church.....sigh....

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 7:02 PM
The Drifter

Quote:

My first 9 years of my life was living in Spanish Fork. Back when we moved in 1989 the city only had around 9,000 people. I also remember going to Stake Conferences in that old LDS church building on Main, until they built a new building on Canyon road.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 7:12 PM
Development Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrent77 View Post
I find it somewhat humorous that people get all up in arms about the LDS Church buying public property (see 100 S in Provo). Yet I doubt anyone will care that the public is buying an LDS Church.....sigh....
I don't think anyone should look at this, or anything else, any more than two entities making a real estate transaction. It doesn't matter who the purchaser or seller is, discrimination of any kind is completely wrong.

I would never be able to sell my home with the condition that a person is/is not [fill in the blank] because I like/dislike that. Why should government and religion be any different. If two parties can make a mutually beneficial transaction, then why does anything else matter?

This is one reason why I am really embarrassed to be from this state; because people (from all sides of every viewpoint) "get off" on expressing/imposing their discriminatory attitudes.

[Sorry for the vent; it just had to happen.]

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 7:35 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone should look at this, or anything else, any more than two entities making a real estate transaction. It doesn't matter who the purchaser or seller is, discrimination of any kind is completely wrong.

I would never be able to sell my home with the condition that a person is/is not [fill in the blank] because I like/dislike that. Why should government and religion be any different. If two parties can make a mutually beneficial transaction, then why does anything else matter?

This is one reason why I am really embarrassed to be from this state; because people (from all sides of every viewpoint) "get off" on expressing/imposing their discriminatory attitudes.

[Sorry for the vent; it just had to happen.]
completely agree.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
So... The Outlets at Traverse Mountain is well on it's way to completion. I hadn't realized that it is scheduled to be open in November of this year. It will include a 200 ft tall (!!!!) LED sign. Las Vegas style. Here is a conceptual drawing:

Here are some of the stores (unofficial) that are expected to open:

• Adidas
• Aeropostale
• Banana Republic
• Bass
• Calvin Klein
• Carter's
• Charlotte Russe
• Chico's
• Children's Place
• Coach
• Cole Haan
• GAP
• Gymboree
• Hanes
• Izod
• J. Crew
• Johnny Rockets
• Jones New York
• Journeys
• Kasper
• Le Creuset
• Levi's
• LOFT
• Nike
• OshKosh B'gosh
• Polo Ralph Lauren
• Reebok
• Samsonite
• Tommy Hilfiger
• Van Heusen
• Vans
• Vitamin World
• Wilson's Leather
• Zumiez
This sign is proposed to be 100 feet tall, there was an article written in the local paper stating 200 feet, but I know the writer and she blew it out of proportion! Although the Lehi City Council passed the sign, there is actually some dispute right now involving Adobe because they want to have a spot on the sign. So we will see how this goes, I don't think they will prevent the sign from being built.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 10:18 AM

I took a tour of Adobe and Outlets at Traverse Mountain on Monday so I took a few shots on my phone to share

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 11:32 AM

Great update Mike, thanks so much! I'm missing my corner of America's most beautiful Metro backdrop.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 4:35 PM

Nice pics of the outlet mall. It's odd that Layton Construction doesn't have their visitors wear hard hats, vest, ect.......
how dumb!

Last edited by Bob The Builder; May 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 7:32 PM

Thanks for the photo update! I am really liking Adobe's new building. It sure is a stark contrast to the outlet malls and all the other low design buildings out there!

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 8:45 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Very nice. This is the first time I've ever seen pics of the Traverse Mountain Outlet Mall. I can't find renderings of that anywhere and I didn't even know what it would look like. Now I have somewhat of an idea.

Old Posted May 5, 2012, 4:45 AM

Yeah Adobe's building really is cool, they are going to have all kinds of amenities for their workers. It will have an indoor basketball court in the giant cube out front, a fitness center, a nice cafeteria, outdoor tennis and basketball courts, and I think an in house massage place too! The outlets are going up like crazy, they expect the first tenants to start moving in in August and have a grand opening in November. They started putting the foundation just this past January! I'll have to see if I can find a rendering to post on here. I know that they are going to have some landscaping in the walkways and put a glass roof over the top of the walkways. It won't be fully enclosed, just more like an awning over all the walkways.

Old Posted May 7, 2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Agreed, the explosive pace of growth at the south end of Utah Valley will be what pushes the growth and vibrancy of Downtown Provo as much or more than anything else.

There's still quite a bit of room along the Redwood Rd. corridor, especially above it on the benches to the south of the NSA complex. Also, we'll see an amazing amount of residential development and increased commercial density around Thanksgiving Point over the next 10 years. I think Lehi will far exceed a population of 50,000 by the time it's built out.
Lehi is around 47,000 now. With all the available land they have, and the central location between the two counties, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get near 100,000 before you know it.

www.UtahProjects.info

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West