HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 21, 2012, 10:50 PM
Ground Scraper

I noticed that the new building on the south side of the Auraria campus is well underway. I was surprised there haven't been any pictures posted anywhere.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 12:13 AM

I noticed that construction too - MSU is really building a lot lately.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 12:16 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

I think that's actually the new building for CCD.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 3:12 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Anybody else catch this little pile of paper mâché art/graffiti before it was scooped up? Awesome.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 5:57 AM
Mile High City

Thanks Cirrus.

That is fantastic Bunt q.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 10:27 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Went by the CCD site today and got a post up on DenverInfill..

http://denverinfill.com/blog/2012/04...ng-update.html

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 11:04 PM
of Gnomeregan

What's a learning and engagement building? Is that where pregnant high schoolers and their boyfriends go to class AND to get married?

It's hard not to judge a book by its cover when all the pages are blank.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 3:32 PM
Ground Scraper

Nice work, Ryan! That was a pretty quick turnaround from me saying how I was surprised that I didn't see any pictures to a full fledged DI post.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 3:37 PM
Ground Scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
What's a learning and engagement building? Is that where pregnant high schoolers and their boyfriends go to class AND to get married?
Nice.

What's up with the recent building spat of primarily administrative buildings? Does this open up existing buildings to more classroom space or do the current administrative rooms turn into custodial space?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 3:40 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Nice.

What's up with the recent building spat of primarily administrative buildings? Does this open up existing buildings to more classroom space or do the current administrative rooms turn into custodial space?
The former. Which is also the reason for the whole "Student Success/Learning/Engagement" naming scheme for these buildings. It's easier to get students to vote to fund an administrative building if it's perceived to be for the students (UCD has the same plan for their upcoming building).

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Last edited by wong21fr; Apr 23, 2012 at 3:56 PM.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:45 PM

CU Boulder also just got one a year or two ago as well....the Center for Community
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 11:39 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Nice work, Ryan! That was a pretty quick turnaround from me saying how I was surprised that I didn't see any pictures to a full fledged DI post.
Haha it was on my list of DI posts to do I just was busy / lazy and then when it was mentioned on here I was like alright fine..

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 2:37 AM
ColoRADo

Crane up at Museum of Nature and Science.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
The former.
Yep, my wife's office/classrooms are now in the former Metro administration building.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 4:16 AM
Tells Cirrus what to do.

Quote:
The former. Which is also the reason for the whole "Student Success/Learning/Engagement" naming scheme for these buildings. It's easier to get students to vote to fund an administrative building if it's perceived to be for the students (UCD has the same plan for their upcoming building).
Where is this supposed building supposed to be? I recall that Auraria's neighborhood plan gave UCD room on the northern side of the soccer field, but whatever tree lot R is called these days is supposed to be for something else.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 11:29 AM
mmmm... infillicious!

It will be located at the corner of Speer and Larimer.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 2:35 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
So when helping my nieces or nephews choose a college I should shy away from places where a simple building name change (to some variation of a Care Bear or My Little Pony name) can simultaneously insult the intelligence of the institution's students AND prove that the insult is warranted when they approve funding for it?

"We don't want a water faucet there.. .but we DO want a cellular respiration component success valve!"

It's hard not to judge a book by its cover when all the pages are blank.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
It will be located at the corner of Speer and Larimer.
Will this be an expansion of their building across from Larimer Square, an expansion of the one of theirs across speer on the campus proper, or a new building altogether? I'm still hoping that one day the city will do a land swap with Auraria for that awkward parking lot in the center of Speer and close down that gigantic median (simultaneously expanding "Bell Park").

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 7:02 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

^It will be a new building on the campus proper located on the parking lot (Redwood) bounded by Speer, Larimer, 12th, and Metro State's HLC.

It will have programming similar to Metro State's and CCD's new buildings: student services, administrative offices, academic offices, and some classroom space.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 7:33 PM

2300 walnut

They have begun fencing off the 2300 Walnut block! Just drove by this morning.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West