HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 15, 2012, 9:03 AM
Couch-surfing provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBoy View Post
No, Glowrock, please don't tell us how you feel... unless of course it's about the new cranes going up in the CPV.

P.S. Chuck Norris is coming to Denver; you should come see him and test your theory on whether he'll "listen" to you or not.
Holy crap, an old face comes back to haunt me!

Aaron (Glowrock)
"The three most beautiful cities in the world are Paris, St. Petersburg & Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh were situated somewhere in the heart of Europe tourists would eagerly journey hundreds of miles out of their way to visit it." The New Yorker Jan. 9, 1989

Old Posted May 16, 2012, 2:18 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

YUMMY NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!! (DenverInfill post coming soon)

Old Posted May 16, 2012, 2:24 AM

I saw that too. It will be the first of hopefully many tower cranes at the Union Station site over the next several years.

Old Posted May 16, 2012, 2:32 AM

I walked by Union Station and the Millenium Bridge on Sunday - trying to burn into my mind the "before sight" of open land infront of the station - Soon it will all be built up and crowded with people!

Old Posted May 16, 2012, 12:52 PM
Couch-surfing provider

Looks like the arrival of the Crane is here!

Aaron (Glowrock)
"The three most beautiful cities in the world are Paris, St. Petersburg & Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh were situated somewhere in the heart of Europe tourists would eagerly journey hundreds of miles out of their way to visit it." The New Yorker Jan. 9, 1989

Old Posted May 16, 2012, 8:16 PM

18th and Arapahoe

Must have missed this, but does anyone know what's going on with the Skyline Apartments at 18th and Arapahoe? Looks like a massive renovation (although the outside of the building, alas, will likely remain ugly).

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 5:51 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Who wants to be embarassed? I am going through, sorting, deleting, and generally archiving an old external hard drive so I can switch my whole life to Carbonite online backup...

Anyways. I apparently saved a photo thread that Eric/Zephyr posted from a Denver forum meet in May 2004. Yikes.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 7:36 PM
I need a job!

I have a few pics at home from a meet up around then also Aaron

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 10:09 PM

LoHi Row is now under construction on 32nd in Lower Highlands. 13 units it looks like. www.lohirow.com

Also I noticed guys poking sticks in the dirt at the AMLI site at Little Raven and 20th. Soil sampling??

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 10:47 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhomeDenver View Post
Also I noticed guys poking sticks in the dirt at the AMLI site at Little Raven and 20th. Soil sampling??
Poking sticks? Big sticks or little sticks? Wooden sticks or metal sticks? Motorized sticks?

Surveyors, maybe?

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Poking sticks? Big sticks or little sticks? Wooden sticks or metal sticks? Motorized sticks?

Surveyors, maybe?
LOL, they were wooden sticks. They were probably a few feet long I reckon. No motorized sticks. Motorized sticks?!?

Couldnt see a company name on the truck they were in, so not sure. They were spaced about 20 feet apart looks like.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 11:13 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Like this?

Surveyors then. The sticks are called "lath."

(Re: motorized sticks, haha, I thought you might have seen them potholing or taking soil samples... soils testing isn't usually at the surface, they go deeper.)

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Like this?

Surveyors then. The sticks are called "lath."

(Re: motorized sticks, haha, I thought you might have seen them potholing or taking soil samples... soils testing isn't usually at the surface, they go deeper.)
Yup it was lath. Thanks

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:

Surveyors, maybe?
business owners in the area have been told to expect construction to start in august for the senior living development. I work with the owners of the cleaners next door and they got a sweet deal on rent for the inconvenience due to the future construction..

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 3:48 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzdude View Post
business owners in the area have been told to expect construction to start in august for the senior living development. I work with the owners of the cleaners next door and they got a sweet deal on rent for the inconvenience due to the future construction..
Yeah, does anyone have a rendering or site plan that reflects the redesigned project?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 5:23 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Did anyone see the new giant ass Chase logo on the north side of they're little building? It looks kinda strange..

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Yeah, does anyone have a rendering or site plan that reflects the redesigned project?
No rendering, but an article in this weeks Denver Business Journal states that it will be 5 stories and include 205 units. Balfour is still the developer.

Also, a construction trailer is now on the Cadence Apartments site and some of the asphalt has been torn up. At least a start!

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 8:08 PM
Ground Scraper

I'm a little lost. Are you guys saying that this is what is getting redesigned? The same block where DownhomeDenver saw guys poking the ground with sticks? Since when was this a senior living development?

www.denver-cityscape.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Did anyone see the new giant ass Chase logo on the north side of they're little building? It looks kinda strange..
Which building?

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
I'm a little lost. Are you guys saying that this is what is getting redesigned? The same block where DownhomeDenver saw guys poking the ground with sticks? Since when was this a senior living development?

www.denver-cityscape.com

Which building?
No - I was referring to the Senior Citizen development on 15th and Little Raven - just down the street. Sorry about that..

Though it appears that two substantial developments will be underway along RiverFront around the same time later this summer.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 2:02 AM
Stay Thirsty.

^ I remember that project. It came around in the first boom back in 2006-7. It looked like a giant square block row house straight out of Paris. I can't find the old rendering but it didn't look bad. However, I believe the old one was eight stories. Five still isn't bad though.

Does anyone know as part of this building's construction whether or not they will keep that old structure on the site? I think the old plan called for it to be renovated into a small lounge or restaurant. I hope they do save it. It's a unique little building and it's a miracle it's lasted this long given the no man's land the area used to be with all the rail yard tracks and train structures. I would love to see it become a small lounge bar with a courtyard and trees, which in turn is surrounded by the new senior structure. It would make for a perfect European-style, U-shaped public courtyard.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West