Originally Posted by rakerman
* What: 15-storey, 207-unit condo tower
* Builder: Richcraft Group of Companies
* Prices: Starting at $230,000 for just under 500 square feet to $856,000 for 1,193 square feet plus terrace (locker included)
* Extras: Parking $30,000; condo fees 38 cents per square foot per month (no extra fee for parking)
* Sales centre: 293 Lisgar St.
500 sqft for $230,000 = $460/sqft
On a per square foot basis, it's just a bit more than what I sold my house down the street for. My house included land, parking, and no condo fees, though. Conversely, it was old and required maintenance. I don't know how they calculate these things, but if you need your own parking spot, I'd say the units are way overpriced. If you don't, they're somewhat overpriced.
For the record, visitor parking is going to be a nightmare there. It's been tight for years, but with two condo towers going in, it's gonna be downright ugly.