HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 26, 2012, 4:58 AM

Thanks for the response. I thought it might be the Woodward HQ but was pretty sure it wasn't. They look to be built in a similar style (that I like).

Old Posted Sep 26, 2012, 8:09 PM
-

Kenilworth Park Elementary School
Project Type Building Use Status
New Construction
Site Work Educational GC Bidding
Sector Bid Date Est. Start Date
Public Tuesday, October 30, 2012 Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Estimated Value* Solicitation #
$21,000,000.00 2011-0850-0001
Address
8550 Curran Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124
Orleans County
New Orleans-Metairie-Kenner, LA Region

St. Tammany Parish Hospital Expansion
Sector Est. Start Date
Private Thursday, August 1, 2013
Estimated Value*
$60,000,000.00
Address
1202 S. Tyler St.
Covington, LA 70433
Saint Tammany County

Description Site work and addition to a hospital in Covington. Design development plans call for the construction of two additional floors onto the existing, four-story hospital. An ensuing phase will expand the hospital further to the south on its existing campus. These first phases will add up to 115 patient beds. Future phases may include new buildings across from the existing hospital on the site of the current heart center and medical office building, to increase the total to 500 new beds.

Repair and Rehabilitation of Fischer Phase I, III & Senior Village

$2,984,600.00 12-911-16
Address
Semmes Street
New Orleans, LA 70145
Orleans County

Description HOUSING AUTHORITY OF NEW ORLEANS INVITATION FOR BIDS FOR REPAIR AND REHABILITATION OF FISCHER PHASE I, III & SENIOR VILLAGE IFB# 12-911-16

THIS PROJECT HAS AN ESTIMATE OF TWO MILLION THREE HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ($2,350,000.00)

Guste III-Site Demolition and Infrastructure Construction - Housing Authority of New Orleans
Sector Est. Start Date
Public Saturday, October 8, 2011
$6,283,834.00 11-130-05-06
Address
4100 Touro St
New Orleans, LA 70112
Orleans County

Description HOUSING AUTHORITY OF NEW ORLEANS INVITATION FOR BIDS FOR GUSTE III SITE DEMOLITION AND INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION IFB# 11-130-05-06 THIS PROJECT HAS AN ESTIMATE OF $ 6,775,000 DOLLARS

Woolworth Tower
Project Type Building Use Status
New Construction
Site Work
LEED Certification Multi-Residential
Parking Garage
Retail Design
Sector Est. Start Date
Private Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Estimated Value* Square Footage
$30,000,000.00 40000
Address
Canal Street and N Rampart Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
Orleans County

Description Site work and new construction of a mixed-use development in New Orleans. Design plans call for the demolition of an existing building and the construction of a 189-foot tower consisting of 40,000 square feet of ground floor retail, 300 apartment units, and 500 parking spaces.

This project is currently in design and drawings are tentatively scheduled to be released in January 2013 and construction to begin in early May 2013.

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2012, 8:17 PM

The NYTimes Gives New Orleans Retail Developments National Coverage

The New York Times recently covered many of the new and upcoming commercial developments in ‘Vitality Reborn, New Orleans Draws Developers,’ an article about New Orleans’s post-Katrina economic strength.

The article highlights the Howard Hughes Corporation’s plan for a $70 million renovation and expansion of Riverwalk, the opening of a 24,800-square-foot Fresh Market grocery store in a historic building on St. Charles Avenue, and the opening of Costco on Carrollton Ave.

The article states, “Taken together, these completely different retail projects demonstrate a new confidence by outside developers and retailers in New Orleans’s post-Katrina economic strength. It also underscores the city’s ability to successfully woo badly needed retail businesses. The newcomers say they have been drawn to the city’s economic and cultural vitality, its considerable need for retail at all levels and a more welcoming atmosphere in which to do business.”

Pretty good press!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2012, 10:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLADevelopmentFan View Post
The New York Times recently covered many of the new and upcoming commercial developments in ‘Vitality Reborn, New Orleans Draws Developers,’ an article about New Orleans’s post-Katrina economic strength.

The article highlights the Howard Hughes Corporation’s plan for a $70 million renovation and expansion of Riverwalk, the opening of a 24,800-square-foot Fresh Market grocery store in a historic building on St. Charles Avenue, and the opening of Costco on Carrollton Ave.

The article states, “Taken together, these completely different retail projects demonstrate a new confidence by outside developers and retailers in New Orleans’s post-Katrina economic strength. It also underscores the city’s ability to successfully woo badly needed retail businesses. The newcomers say they have been drawn to the city’s economic and cultural vitality, its considerable need for retail at all levels and a more welcoming atmosphere in which to do business.”

Pretty good press!
Great article...thanks for finding... btw has anyone noticed how large those exterior video displays will be on the arena... is it going to cause wrecks? Also looks like they started cleaning the dome roof again

Old Posted Sep 26, 2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLADevelopmentFan View Post

Pretty good press!
And Bloomberg named New Orleans #14 of the 50 best cities in the U.S. That's quite the accomplishment - topping cities like Houston, Atlanta, and Philly!!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2012, 11:04 PM
-

Layout of the new costco from Plans!

New Orleans East Marketplace Renderings: Old Plaza Site

Old Posted Sep 26, 2012, 11:10 PM
TL;DR

The Regional Planning Commission is putting out an RFP for a Stage 0 study of NOLA-BR intercity rail. Just another study, but it's a kind of progress I guess.

I'd actually consider putting in a bid to do the study if I had a team member with knowledge of governments and project budgeting.

^^ I like how the Lake Forest site is organized with a "street grid" that organizes the service drives in the parking lots. It opens up the possibility for future infill if parking is shifted into garages... Perkins Rowe has the same possibilities. I just wish the design of these things wasn't so damn traditional.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 12:07 AM
-

Trapolin Peer Architects - New Office
$700,000.00 13702
Address
862 Tchoupitoulas St.
New Orleans, LA 70130
Orleans County

Description Tenant improvements for a commercial building in New Orleans. Completed working plans call for the tenant up-fit for a two-story, 13,702-square-foot commercial building, with designated office space on the second floor, and either retail or restaurant space on the first floor.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 4:25 AM
TL;DR

Hopefully this doesn't mean that A Mano is closing...

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
New Orleans East Marketplace Renderings: Old Plaza Site

Man, where did you pull up that old relic? That rendering is from 2007.

I had to go back to page 10 of this thread to even find that old one. The newest one I could find was from 2009, and that looked more like Elmwood than Perkins Rowe.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 3:46 PM
-

Quote:
Trapolin Peer Architects - New Office
$700,000.00 13702
Address
862 Tchoupitoulas St.
New Orleans, LA 70130
Orleans County

Description Tenant improvements for a commercial building in New Orleans. Completed working plans call for the tenant up-fit for a two-story, 13,702-square-foot commercial building, with designated office space on the second floor, and either retail or restaurant space on the first floor.

This is the empty building between sugar plantation and chezclay/a mano. A mano will be fine although they are adding a Gallery around the outside of A Manos building too.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 3:47 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Cletus View Post
Man, where did you pull up that old relic? That rendering is from 2007.

I had to go back to page 10 of this thread to even find that old one. The newest one I could find was from 2009, and that looked more like Elmwood than Perkins Rowe.
Im using this cause this is what they had on the site!

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 27, 2012 at 8:46 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 5:45 PM

Merchant Lofts

I had never heard of this development, but it is opening in November. Great to have this building back in service. Looks great too, all market rate from what I can tell.

http://merchantlofts.com/

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 5:48 PM
TL;DR

The Lake Forest thing is interesting. The architect is one of the guys responsible for all that New-Urbanist stuff north of Jackson (not the Grecian Lowe's, though), but he passed away in 2010. I'm not sure what that means for the design.

I like Merchant Lofts, too... Kailas seems to have an ongoing relationship with that architect (Harry Baker Smith). He seems to be much better at adaptive reuse projects.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 6:22 PM

Quote:
This is the empty building between sugar plantation and chezclay/a mano. A mano will be fine although they are adding a Gallery around the outside of A Manos building too.
That is one of the only eyesores on that stretch on Tchoup. Looking forward to it being back in commerce.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 9:10 PM
-

Petroplex Louisiana Liquid Bulk Storage Terminal - Phase I

Start Date
Monday, March 4, 2013
Estimated Value*
$600,000,000.00
Address
Route 18
Vacherie, LA 70090
Saint James County

Description Site work and new construction of an industrial development in Saint James Parish. Design plans call for the construction of a 10-million-barrel petroleum storage facility and a port terminal on 1,700 acres. Phase I construction will include storage space for four million barrels of petroleum, a tie-in to an existing pipeline, a railroad loading facility and a port to provide access to ships and barges. Phase II will consist of the port terminal and more storage space for petroleum.

Kenner Nursing Home

$8,000,000.00
West Esplanade Avenue
Kenner, LA 70065

Site work and new construction of an assisted living development in Kenner. Schematic design plans call for construction of a 106-bed skilled nursing facility.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Im using this cause this is what they had on the site!
Ha! Then maybe there is hope after all.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 4:17 PM

201 Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWave View Post
I had never heard of this development, but it is opening in November. Great to have this building back in service. Looks great too, all market rate from what I can tell.

http://merchantlofts.com/
HAHAHA...opening in Nov 2012 my A$$. I was excited when they announced the project awhile back but enthusiasm was quickly tempered when I found out it was Kailas. They tend to announce stuff and it never happens...that's why I'm thrilled by the idea of 1031 Canal, but my gut tells me there's a good chance it won't come to fruition.

Anyway, rode my bike down that stretch of Magazine (merchant lofts) the other day. Not a snowballs chance in hell they are opening in just over a month... They gutted the building probably a year ago and haven't touched it since.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 4:19 PM

Good news

In good news though...the condo building by Lucy's on Girod is making fast progress. I had no idea they had even started but they've demolished everything except the historic facades and have a large crane on site doing prep.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCream View Post
In good news though...the condo building by Lucy's on Girod is making fast progress. I had no idea they had even started but they've demolished everything except the historic facades and have a large crane on site doing prep.
Who are the Architects? or Firm doing the work? any web sites with the final design?.....please post! I can't remember seeing any renderings of it in news

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations