HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 6:30 PM

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

All things relating to the Blue and Gold, CFL, Canadian Football League team, other than construction of the now completed stadium.

Completed Stadium Construction: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=123544

Last edited by Cyro; Dec 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM. Reason: Added Link to Stadium Contruction Thread

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 6:31 PM

Bombers hiring Danny McManus as assistant GM

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have hired Danny McManus to head up the club’s U.S. scouting department.

McManus will be named assistant GM and director of U.S. Scouting. It’s believed he arrived in Winnipeg on Sunday night and the team will hold a press conference to announce his appointment in the coming days.

Newly appointed Bombers GM Kyle Walters is aguably one of the most knowledgeable CFL executives where Canadian content is concerned but has very little experience working stateside.

McManus will add balance to Walters’ staff.

The club is still working on hiring a head coach and the names Mike O’Shea and Khari Jones continue to be mentioned the most.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...234082591.html

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 7:17 PM

I would wish you guys luck with the rebuilding, but the Bombers are going to be back in the West next year.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
I would wish you guys luck with the rebuilding, but the Bombers are going to be back in the West next year.
Yeah ...Damn..we have to meet the Grey Cup Champs more often...

cfl.ca

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Yeah ...Damn..we have to meet the Grey Cup Champs more often...

cfl.ca
I look forward to more Winnipeg, Saskatchewan games this year! Bring it on! Greeting from Section 24!

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
I look forward to more Winnipeg, Saskatchewan games this year! Bring it on! Greeting from Section 24!
It's gonna be a blast back in the West.. NRB, more so against the Riders...I thought the rivalry was intense before..

Note: Bombers are in Re-Build mode, or have been for ever ..but as you said, bring it!

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 9:02 PM

Nice to see the CFL balance things out by placing expansion teams in both the east and the west for the 2014 season.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Nice to see the CFL balance things out by placing expansion teams in both the east and the west for the 2014 season.
I have a feeling it won't be long before the Atlantic Schooners are placed in the East. With their stadium in Moncton, NB. That is close to Halifax, Charlottetown, St John, Fredericton, and Moncton itself.

So It would be a team like the Riders with a fan base that travels. Also 25,000 seats for them with the ability to expand to 45,000 for the Grey Cup would be perfect!

Times according to Google:

Halifax to Moncton 2 hr 30 min
Fredericton to Moncton 1 hr 50 min
Saint John to Moncton 1 hr 32 min
Charlottetown to Moncton 1 hr 58 min (with game ticket and PEI plates free bridge toll)
Moncton to Moncton 0 hr 0 min (haha)

For example Saskatoon to Regina for me is 2 hr 31 min according to Google.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 4:42 PM

Hmm..Argos special team coordinator Mike O’Shea to be named head coach for the BB, don't know how I feel about this, but it is what it is.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 4:58 PM

Apparently he was almost hired last year by the Riders. Quite impressive during the interviews from what's been said in the news lately. Time will tell I guess. This is the guy Walters wanted, no meddling by Wade Miller. So I like that.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Apparently he was almost hired last year by the Riders. Quite impressive during the interviews from what's been said in the news lately. Time will tell I guess. This is the guy Walters wanted, no meddling by Wade Miller. So I like that.
Good to here Bomber, I'm gald Miller has his priorities straight, I will take any improvement ***"PLEASE"**** over the last season. Here's hopin Amigo..

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 6:39 PM

I felt the best head coaching option was picked up by the Esks, but out of the remaining potential head coaches O'Shea seemed to be the next best choice.

Hopefully he brings it!

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 2:33 AM

Rookie CEO, rookie GM, rookie assistant GMs, rookie head coach... That will be an awful lot of on the job learning for one organization this season...

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 5:20 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

As far as I know, we've reached rock bottom, so the only way for us now is up.

It will be nice to be playing in the "wild" west again.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2013, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
As far as I know, we've reached rock bottom, so the only way for us now is up.

It will be nice to be playing in the "wild" west again.
My thinking is the Bombers "hit rock bottom" and then kept digging until they found themselves in a bottomless pit. It is a little too earlier to fully pass judgement on next year's team but I am starting to have a new set of concerns about them.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 3:47 PM

Bombers in negotiations to host the Grey Cup in Winnipeg in 2015. Announcement in the New Year.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 6:00 PM

I heard the Bombers were the only team bidding to host the 2015 Grey Cup. Further, there is a plan to share things like the costs for the extra temporary stands with the Heritage Classic game.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Bombers in negotiations to host the Grey Cup in Winnipeg in 2015. Announcement in the New Year.
That would be great! Grey Cup then Heritage Classic. I think that the HC would be Jets - Edmonton? Whilst it would be cool to see Bombers play in a home GC (and win) As much as I love to see the Riders win (my team) I love to see others win also. Would like to see Ottawa win a cup next year. Unlikely? Maybe. But would be sweet to see!

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 6:49 PM

If the heritage classic doesnt *have* to be All Canadian, then Chicago and Minnesota will get some consideration. Wild fans would likely flood the city (as would their media) contributing to the local economy.

Then again, between Bombers Season Ticket holders and Jets Season Ticket holders, there will not likely be many tickets available.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
That would be great! Grey Cup then Heritage Classic. I think that the HC would be Jets - Edmonton? Whilst it would be cool to see Bombers play in a home GC (and win) As much as I love to see the Riders win (my team) I love to see others win also. Would like to see Ottawa win a cup next year. Unlikely? Maybe. But would be sweet to see!

Sounds like a pretty good deal for the city in 2015-2016, if the CFL can confirm the game, HC sounds like a done deal.Riders next year get reallllllly close to thier 2nd cup next year but fail to punch thier ticket for the big game..Bombers take it.... but loose in the final to Ottawa.

The year after the Bomber Dynasty begins and we role over the oposition to take the Cup.. and go on to play the Leafs in the HC and take that game too..

I read tarrot cards...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan