HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Dubai Pearl in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Dubai Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 11:14 PM

I personally love the scale of the building. I think we need to move away from the tiny upper floors I would rather have big upper floors like the Mekka Clock Tower even though I hate the design of it. But I hate how skinny the top of the Burj Khalifa and the Kingdom Tower is, I don't get why they even build upper levels if they are only 75 feet across.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2013, 10:00 PM
Ascension

Whatever happened to this building? Is it still under construction?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2013, 10:38 AM

The official site hasn't been updated since oct 12th.

A two-year delay was announced last february :

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/dubai...er-489374.html

Old Posted Jun 17, 2013, 4:28 PM
What could go wrong?

When I was there in Feb of this year they only had workers working on one of the four building legs (?). The other 3 had idle cranes and no workers.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 18, 2013, 3:41 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Is this the elephant building (Bangkok) redux?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 12:19 AM

This building's designs is one of the most unoriginal I've seen in my life, not very impressive for Dubai.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 12:47 AM

What makes this building a winner, though, is its sheer size.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 2:54 AM

Yeah, having 4 supertalls connected at the top is impressive. But man, what could have been with these budgets... pretty boring design.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2013, 3:24 AM
Come As You Are

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333609543 View Post
This building's designs is one of the most unoriginal I've seen in my life, not very impressive for Dubai.
I'm sorry, I must have missed the buildings this one copied??

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 6:11 PM

Good news, finally !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackedi07 View Post
Hong Kong Investors Bank on Dubai Pearl Project

Chow Tai Fook Endowment Industry Development (CTFE), a Hong Kong development group, has invested US$1.9 billion in the hopes of breathing life into the expansive, yet currently shelved, Dubai Pearl project.

The proposed Dubai Pearl is ambitious, and would comprise four 287-meter towers connected by a rooftop skybridge, in addition to several five-star hotels, an elevated freeway network and public transit, shopping mall, a theater, and enough residential space to accommodate 20,000 people.

Overseas development groups see potential in places such as Dubai, where initial resources may be exhausted at a time when the opportunity for growth continues to rise. China in particular has shown interest in infusing cash into fledgling and flailing foreign developments.

"We expect most institutional commitments from overseas, as rental and capital values continue to grow," said Nick Maclean, managing director of CBRE Middle East.

According to CBRE, Asian institutional investors wish to invest US$150 billion in global real estate over the next five years, with Dubai as a key destination. Private consultancy Asteco reports that prime residential sales prices rose 60 percent last year in Dubai.

From CTBUH: http://www.ctbuh.org/News/GlobalTall...US/view.aspx#!

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 6:19 PM
Walk taker

That's an enormous amount of floor space - I can't imagine that many people would actually like to live in Dubai.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viciousial View Post
I personally love the scale of the building. I think we need to move away from the tiny upper floors I would rather have big upper floors like the Mekka Clock Tower even though I hate the design of it. But I hate how skinny the top of the Burj Khalifa and the Kingdom Tower is, I don't get why they even build upper levels if they are only 75 feet across.
How big is your house? You can fit a lot of space for a condo in 75/75 feet. That is 5625 square feet. Even allowing for mechanical space and elevators... that is a lot of space. Especially since units that high usually employ multiple floors.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2014, 1:07 PM
Find yourself and be that

Probably U/C now!

Quote:
«لؤلؤة دبي» جاهزة في 2020 والاستثمارات 24 مليار درهم

http://www.albayan.ae/economy/local-...8-23-1.2187395

كشف عبد المجيد الفهيم رئيس مجلس إدارة شركة لؤلؤة دبي، أن قيمة الاستثمار في مشروع لؤلؤة دبي تصل إلى 24 مليار درهم (ما يعادل 6.6 مليارات دولار)، وقال في تصريحات لـ (البيان الاقتصادي) إن العمل يتواصل في موقع المشروع وتجاوزت نسبة الإنجاز 35 %.

وأكد الفهيم عزم الشركة تسليم المشروع الذي تبلغ مساحته 20 مليون قدم مربعة خلال 4 سنوات، ليصبح أحد المشروعات العقارية الفارقة في المشهد العمراني للإمارة، وأحد أبرز الأيقونات المعمارية الجاهزة للمشاركة في استضافة الحدث العالمي إكسبو 2020، فضلاً عن مساهمتها في جذب السياح، مستفيداً من موقعه الفريد المطل على نخلة جميرا ...

For all who doesn't understand Arabic, the article, posted today, is stating that the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Dubai Pearl is claiming that this project will be done before expo 2020 with investment value of 24 billion dirhams (6.6 billion us dollars) and it's 35% completed till this day with ongoing work on site ...

Old Posted Aug 25, 2014, 11:54 AM

Great news !
Although I suspect that the 35 percent figure is a little overestimated.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2014, 1:31 PM
Find yourself and be that

Now we need photos of the construction site!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive