HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Gilmore Place 1 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Burnaby Skyscraper Diagram

View Full Map

Old Posted Jul 25, 2016, 11:05 PM

First 3 residential towers are going in for formal rezoning application tonight. I am told this will include the tallest tower in the project (and all of BC). Not sure of exact height but would not be surprised to see it hit 200 metres or more.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2016, 11:06 PM

I've heard that rumour as well (tallest in BC).

Would be nice if it were true.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 1:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
I've heard that rumour as well (tallest in BC).

Would be nice if it were true.
Fingers crossed!

Would be amazing if Brentwood dwarfed DT Van.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phesto View Post
First 3 residential towers are going in for formal rezoning application tonight. I am told this will include the tallest tower in the project (and all of BC). Not sure of exact height but would not be surprised to see it hit 200 metres or more.
Looked through the packet from the meeting and didn't see any heights mentioned. Just the 40-65 from the master plan.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 5:45 AM

65 floors would be over 200 metres

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phesto View Post
That would be unreal to have three of the five tallest towers in the Lower Mainland outside of Downtown. Literally overnight a city is being born at Brentwood. I imagine that sometime in 2017/2018 there could be upwards of 20 cranes working in the area, which would make it arguably the largest residential construction site in the region.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnaby33 View Post
That would be unreal to have three of the five tallest towers in the Lower Mainland outside of Downtown. Literally overnight a city is being born at Brentwood. I imagine that sometime in 2017/2018 there could be upwards of 20 cranes working in the area, which would make it arguably the largest residential construction site in the region.
Don't forget commercial as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofina View Post
Fingers crossed!

Would be amazing if Brentwood dwarfed DT Van.

Oh yeah! Can't wait to see that, and the "squalor" just across Boundary Road.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Don't forget commercial as well.

Oh yeah! Can't wait to see that, and the "squalor" just across Boundary Road.
I did forget about commercial. The scale and scope of what is happening at Brentwood is incredible and, I believe, a bit more impressive given the size of the development projects our region.

Last edited by sburnaby33; Oct 30, 2016 at 10:25 PM.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2016, 2:53 AM

This project has been renamed to Gilmore Place

Old Posted Oct 30, 2016, 9:40 PM
Vancouver Moderator

Thread title updated.
Has there been any clarification on the heights of the towers?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2016, 9:45 PM

Not yet but they said it wouldn't go over 60 storeys because it would cost to much.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 5:41 PM

would it even be that noticeable in that spot? its so much lower than brentwood, it would look a lot shorter

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 1:36 AM

According to Vancouver Market's twitter, these are the new renders or the first phase of Gilmore Place.

There are going to be 1563 units in all three towers, the tallest being 64 storeys with 643 units.

I'm not really a big fan of the site and design. For British Columbia's tallest it's surely not the prettiest. Even then I'd rather have these tall towers go on Willingdon and Lougheed to balance the skyline.

http://www.vancouvermarket.ca/2016/1...rs-1563-units/

Last edited by BobLoblawsLawBlog; Nov 19, 2016 at 2:21 AM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 1:53 AM

Ugly! What a waste. Your going to have the tallest tower in BC you should at least make it look nice or crazy.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 2:20 AM

What are the actual heights? I'm enjoying the scale of these. Burnaby is stepping up the scale of things.

Edit. kind of a stupid sounding statement

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 3:15 AM

Another pedestrian high rise in the GVRD. Not a surprise with the conservative city planners and developers we have here. Surely one of the tallest buildings in BC would be spectacular when it comes to how it looks. This is just oatmeal or plain rice cakes in terms of design.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 3:31 AM

Have we forgotten about how Trump Tower looks good from the outside and the layouts are crap on the inside?

It's really monochromatic. Burnaby isn't afraid of a little colour - maybe that would make for a nicer looking tower.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 3:37 AM

I don't have any problem with the LOOK of this 64 storey building. Some of you think it is ugly and plain, do you have rendering of similar hight building which in your mind is spactacular? Trump tower looks interesting from the outside , but terrible odd shape floor plans and wasteful space. Takes forever to build and costs more which ultimately pass to the owners. Simply achieving 64 storey is spactacular enough in my mind!!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Have we forgotten about how Trump Tower looks good from the outside and the layouts are crap on the inside?

It's really monochromatic. Burnaby isn't afraid of a little colour - maybe that would make for a nicer looking tower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarBreStr18 View Post
I don't have any problem with the LOOK of this 64 storey building. Some of you think it is ugly and plain, do you have rendering of similar hight building which in your mind is spactacular? Trump tower looks interesting from the outside , but terrible odd shape floor plans and wasteful space. Takes forever to build and costs more which ultimately pass to the owners. Simply achieving 64 storey is spactacular enough in my mind!!
I have seen the layouts of the Trump Tower and they are indeed awful.

What I am most perplexed by is the sameness of these renderings to many new buildings in the area. It just seems like there is a monoculture of form permeating the area. It would indeed be nice if there were some colour in these buildings. It would make the generic design easier to swallow.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 4:16 AM

So, after years of criticism being aired about how it is abundently clear that the sameness of the residential high rises in the City of Vancouver is due to, in turns, City Hall's ineptitude or overbearing, why do we think it is that Burnaby, free of view corridors, mountain views from across False Creek, the psychological and historic baggage of west side vs east side neigbourhoods, the involvement of Vancouver planners, and the dastardly UDP, why with all of these constraints and shackles thrown off is Burnaby developing such a boring skyline?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley