HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 4:04 AM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Just talked to the owner of the new mexican restaurant going into the San Carlos.

Going to be a taco shop. Lower price point than Chico Malo. Super fresh ingredients, homemade tortillas, etc.

Hes also the owner of Bar Smith etc. Tons of experience.
Interestingly, Chico Malo just revised its menu. Tacos are no longer emphasized as much, and prices are lower on some items. The restaurant actually has a lunch special now with three items for $10. I guess the owners finally figured out that they had set initial prices too high, especially with every little thing being a la carte.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 5:06 AM
High Voltage

McDonald's is the finest fake cuisine anywhere!

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 10:53 PM

Genuwine Arizona is the name of the wine bar coming to Union @ Roosevelt. Another establishment to look forward to opening this fall!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Leoni's Focaccia is supposed to be moving there as well. I don't know if there's room for more tenants beyond the three restaurants announced.

https://downtowndevil.com/2017/04/25...in-the-blocks/
Well according to article from AZ Central, Leoni's is no longer opening there, bummer. But looks like still in downtown, however.

Quote:
After their plans at The Blocks of Roosevelt Row fell through, Danielle Leoni and Dwayne Allen took a “tactical pause” as they transition their Italian-inspired Scottsdale sandwich shop to a full-service downtown Phoenix restaurant. But the husband-and-wife duo behind The Breadfruit & Rum Bar are closing in on an alternate location nearby, and anticipate a spring 2018 opening.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/enter...ing/578784001/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Genuwine Arizona is the name of the wine bar coming to Union @ Roosevelt. Another establishment to look forward to opening this fall!
Thanks for the update. Hopefully it stays open late into evening, need some more nightlife activity in that corner.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 6:27 PM

That article reminded me of an interesting story; my business partner has been to breadfruit two times and both times the following morning amex called him saying his card had been compromised and they'd canceled the account. Could have been a giant coincidence but he found it fairly bothersome.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 10:36 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Warehouse District building could become entertainment spot after sale

An opportunity here for the west end of Jackson St and hopefully developer chooses retail/entertainment options versus creative office space.

Some tidbits from article since behind paywall: https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ld-become.html

Quote:
Local developer Chuckie Duff, who is known for several adaptive reuse projects in Phoenix, closed the sale of the building at 20 W. Jackson St. on Aug. 16 through his Phoenix-based, family-owned company, Equus Capital.

Duff’s company owns the buildings that house Cobra Arcade, Gracie’s Tax Bar, Gallo Blanco, Palabra and a number of other restaurants and retail in the Phoenix area.

“When we started looking for a building of this size and scope this is really one of our only options,” he said. “We’re looking at possible retail and entertainment options that might work being a block or two away from the arena and downtown.”

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 12:11 AM

^^Great news!

There's an article from June about 10 E Jackson St being bought and renovated for shops and entertainment. Would be cool if Jackson organically could become a clubbing and bar street like the long dead project Jackson Street Entertainment District proposed.

"With four store fronts and possibly up to five business opportunities because of an included basement, plans for that building could include a barbershop, a private karaoke booth bar, a speakeasy, a distillery and new restaurant concepts from prominent local restaurateurs, Jannenga said.

Another tech company could also move in as Jannenga explores multiple possibilities with the demand for tech companies wanting to be downtown. SaaS Industries also is planned to eventually move into 10 E. Jackson, with more information announced on the new startup soon.

A micro mixed-use concept is planned, similar to Fox Restaurant Concepts’ the Yard in both Phoenix and Tempe and Upward Projects’ renovated restaurants and areas around town."

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...-historic.html

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
An opportunity here for the west end of Jackson St and hopefully developer chooses retail/entertainment options versus creative office space.

Some tidbits from article since behind paywall: https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ld-become.html

airomero83, if you use the chrome browser, go to this link and add this extension I created a few months back.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cgoalpkcfhgcnd

When you are on a Biz Journal page, click the extension and it will allow you to view the entire article. After you've clicked the extension once, you shouldn't have to ever click it again. As long as you keep the extension in your chrome browser extensions, you are good to go.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
^^Great news!

There's an article from June about 10 E Jackson St being bought and renovated for shops and entertainment. Would be cool if Jackson organically could become a clubbing and bar street like the long dead project Jackson Street Entertainment District proposed.
Yes I remember that article! And across from this building is The Brickhouse. Hopefully both these moves increases interest into bringing it back to life and then this little intersection can get interesting.

crwhiteinaz - Yes but my work computer won't allow it

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 5:51 PM

Chatted with a friend who is the main cog of the American arm of the company doing enhance, he said they are in the process of buying Los Olivos car wash and have everything in line for phase 2 at enhance but can't decide what to do. He wants to do something more up market rather than more of the same product. He says they are absolutely against doing apartments and thinks that market is too saturated and is going to pop, sounded like they're ready to go as soon as a decision is made.

He did not know what they will do with the Los Olivos lot.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Chatted with a friend who is the main cog of the American arm of the company doing enhance, he said they are in the process of buying Los Olivos car wash and have everything in line for phase 2 at enhance but can't decide what to do. He wants to do something more up market rather than more of the same product. He says they are absolutely against doing apartments and thinks that market is too saturated and is going to pop, sounded like they're ready to go as soon as a decision is made.

That is good news on enhance phase 2!

Funny, when you mentioned Los Olivos car wash i was thinking the clean freak car wash at grand and 7th ave. Seems like that would be nice lot to develop.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 6:02 PM

Quote:

How big is enhance phase 2? Taller? similar size? Is phase 3 still in the pipe?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
How big is enhance phase 2? Taller? similar size? Is phase 3 still in the pipe?
He doesn't know how big because he doesn't know what they want to build yet. The city has given them the green light, though. He said they blew through the studios in a week and I said why not build high end studios, he stared blankly at me like I had boogers or something.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 6:07 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:

I'm not going to start an online petition or anything silly like that, but I will miss Los Olivos. It's a good quality wash without aggressive upselling.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 6:13 PM

I have never had many complaints there, decent job at a price you'd expect to pay at a downtown location. I just can't fathom how big a pay day they are getting, would be hard to justify selling a business that is so consistently busy.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 6:58 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
I have never had many complaints there, decent job at a price you'd expect to pay at a downtown location. I just can't fathom how big a pay day they are getting, would be hard to justify selling a business that is so consistently busy.
That's for sure. Unless I get there right at opening time, it's usually a long wait just to drive up to the vacuums and get things started.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 8:03 PM
METRO: Encanto

Yes, Los Olivos carwash would be a big loss. Not good.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 6:14 AM
Skyriser

If you or anyone you know is looking to lease 480,000 square feet, Central Arts Plaza (formerly known as Viad Tower) is looking for tenants for their 20-story second phase, which if ever built would probably be a world record between constructed phases of a tower complex...

http://www.costar.com/costarconnect/...sCostar=Costar

Hadn't seen this one posted before. No renderings. Bonus points for those who find one.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
If you or anyone you know is looking to lease 480,000 square feet, Central Arts Plaza (formerly known as Viad Tower) is looking for tenants for their 20-story second phase, which if ever built would probably be a world record between constructed phases of a tower complex...

Hadn't seen this one posted before. No renderings. Bonus points for those who find one.
Lol ! Can you even count it a phase 2 at this point?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 3:08 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post

I would assume / hope that it would have the same curvature as the first tower.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest